:/

Options
midnightsunx3
midnightsunx3 Posts: 11
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
I'm in need of some motivation. I'm very new to working out and I am on my second week of an eight week challenge. I was very motivated the first week, but I am always so sore and tired. I am thinking about quitting because I'm tired of being so tired all of the time. Anyone else struggle with this?

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Is it the Fitness Blender 8 week challenge? If so, I'm doing it too and you can add me as a friend if you like. We can support each other! Even if it's not, feel free to add.

As for the tiredness, are you eating enough to support the amount of exercise you're doing, and are you getting enough sleep? Those are always my first culprits if I start feeling run down.
  • scarletrayne19
    scarletrayne19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between "poor me I haven't moved in 17 years ouch ouch ouch" and "I may have torn an ACL." Only you can judge what your body is telling you. If you think it's just a matter of motivation lacking due to new soreness, you have to decide whether it's worth it to keep going.

For me, I know what soreness feels like and I know what injury feels like. If I'm too sore, I back off a little bit (don't stop exercising, mind you, but take the intensity down a notch). If it's just laziness on my part I butch through it.

I dislike these "challenges" because it assumes everybody is at the same activity level, even the "beginner" ones or the "you can come from straight off the couch and do this!" Everyone has different physical abilities. If you think you can't handle the challenge, don't do it. Find something else that's more your speed. The idea is to get your body moving and developing strength/endurance. Also, there's nothing wrong with continuing the challenge but just repeating a day or two. When I start C25K back up in January I know I'll have to repeat Week 1 for a month probably.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you eating, and what kind of workout is it? When I first started working out a few years ago, I was pretty sore at first. It does get better. Your endurance will improve, you'll get stronger.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    From personal experience (limited) I can assure you, you are currently in the worst part of the process. Once you get past that 2-3 week "is it really worth it", you will thank yourself for pushing through.

Nothing worth doing is ever easy, it's the strong one's that survive!

As others have stated, make sure your eating right, TON's of water, and get your rest. It's a balancing act, so make sure you have all the pieces fitting together correctly.

Now get to it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You're not doing it because you don't want to right now?

it's okay! do it because you said you would and you know it isnt always going to be easy, but you are a warrior dagnabbit!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Believe me I know what your going through. I was on it for about a month and lost steam. Joined a weight loss challenge/group recently and finally got back on it for a couple weeks and lost steam this week. But I am determined to start fresh again Monday morning and keep with it! You got this! Feel free to add if you want to!! And yes calorie in take is important. I tried it on the dreaded 1200 goal they give you and it wasn't happening. I now do 1400. :D<3
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    The soreness will wear off, but if you're tired, then get more sleep!! Also check your nutrients, are you eating enough of the right stuff to keep you fueled for this new program?

• Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The soreness goes away eventually. Takes a few weeks, but you'll start to notice things getting easier and you not waking up with a sore body the next day. Eventually you'll almost miss the sore feeling of knowing you worked hard. Then you'll push to the next level. I did T25 and it was brutal at first. By the end I was a champ. You'll learn that once that initial "I have to stop it's too hard" burn, your body gets into it and you start to feel good.
  • midnightsunx3
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everyone!!! The program that I am doing is a program that I purchased from an online trainer, her name is Katy Hearn. I have seen others have a lot of success with her programs. I don't count calories. I just try to eat when I'm hungry. I went from being a couch potato to doing some pretty intense exercise. It's very draining, and sometimes I can't finish, but I am going to keep trying! Sometimes the soreness is so dreadful that I think about giving up. I really hope that this gets at least a little more bearable!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    its been a couple weeks - how are you faring?