where should I go for a healty dinner??? any suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This is potentially one of the most vague questions ever asked in the forum.

What sort of food do you like? Where do you live? Are you looking for a chain restaurant? What price range are you looking for? What atmosphere - fast food, fast casual, sit down, fine dining? Are you dining alone?

You should be able to make food at pretty much any type of restaurant fit within your goals for a day or a week. If you want something more specific then you need to give us more parameters to work within...

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This resource has most of the chain restaurants. Unfortunately not an alphabetic list so use Ctrl key + F and type in the name to search each page for specific restaurant you want:

Nutrition Data For Restaurants

Mostly fast food spots but some restaurants like Chipotle and Panera are listed. As above, it's easiest to to find a specific place if you use the browser search function (Ctrl key + F):

Nutrition Data For Fast Food Restaurants

Enjoy your night out!
  • kimsmith56716
    Options
    Your kitchen. Seriously, it is one of the healthiest places you will find. I'd never been much of an experimenter when it comes to cooking/creating in my own kitchen. However I did come into my own when I took my health into my own hands (my own kitchen). Eating out is great but it can be very tempting to derail. Your on the right track to seek out healthy options, so props to you. But IMO if you really want to change your life you have to find healthy meals that you can maintain and do yourself. One of my favorite Do-it-myself dinners is veggie pizza.

Ingredients:
    3 tbsp. canned crushed tomatoes
    3 stalks broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
    Half a Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced into coins (about 1/2 cup)
    2 tbsp. frozen sweet corn kernels
    1/2 cup chopped brown mushrooms
    1 high-fiber pita
    1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1 tbsp. chopped bagged sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
    1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
    Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. 

In a small bowl, season crushed tomatoes to taste.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add broccolini pieces, eggplant coins, and 2 tbsp. water. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly softened.

Add corn and mushrooms. Cook and stir until corn has lightly browned and other veggies have softened, about 2 minutes. Blot away excess moisture.

Lay pita on the baking sheet, and spread with seasoned tomatoes, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, and cooked veggies. Bake until hot and lightly browned, 10 - 12 minutes. Enjoy!

Favorite fast food healthy options are KFC Grilled Chicken Breast, Carl's Jr. Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Salad and Wendy's Small Chili. I don't eat out often but if I do those are my go to items.

However I have to end with....stick to your kitchen, whenever you can :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Your kitchen?

What we aren't ever supposed to go out anymore?

There is an important part of losing weight, that is the mental health part, going out enjoying myself is all wonderful on the mental part, and helped to make it sustainable for me

Well the OP did ask for healthy... what's healthier than your own cooking? Lol!!
    I go out to eat and I'm not thinking what's healthy... I'm more into thinking what's delicious!! :p
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Red Robin rocks. Unlimited broccoli.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Red Robin rocks. Unlimited broccoli french fries.

Fixed It For You

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It whatever you feel like. Be conscientious with your choices and eat in moderation.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Red Robin rocks. Unlimited broccoli french fries.

Fixed It For You

Well played.

• romachel1978
    romachel1978 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to look at the menu online before I go out and choose what I am getting. If I already know what I am going to order before hand, I tend to stick to my good choice. If I show up hungry and not knowing what I'm getting, I tend to make a bad choice!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    McDonald's, KFC's, Taco Bell's, Burger King's, Wendy's, etc. ;)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    What about a steak restaurant,like Texas Roadhouse or Outback Steakhouse, get a petite steak ,baked potato with butter, and a salad with light dressing. Some have buffets where u can get healthy stuff and order steak or chicken with potato on the side , like Ponderosa.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    You know...if you don't want to go out-out but don't want to cook, rotisserie chicken is usually pretty darned good and can be had at tons of supermarkets. We just had that tonight at a soccer end-of-season party...wrapped it in tortillas, threw some fixins on and it was the yum.