Low calories alcoholic drinks?

Options
natajane
natajane Posts: 295 Member
Phew,

I'm going to a BBQ tonight.

The people holding the BBQ are super hospitable - they're not happy if you're not eating & drinking all night. They'll keep topping your wine glass up and bringing out snacks.

It doesn't matter if you say 'i'm on a diet' - my friends family are all naturally slim and haven't ever had to worry about what they eat. They just want everyone to have a good time.

SO, I'm trying to do a bit of preplanning to divert the danger!

I've got a clever plan for the BBQ which will make me look like I'm eating loads which is to pile my plate high with salad & then chop a sausage up in there. Then have 1 burger with ketchup but no bread with salad again...... That'll take me a couple of hours to nosh through without them realising.

Snacks is easy to divert - i'll just hand them to my hubby who is also a slim but bottomless pit.

Drinks wise I feel stuck though! The lady of the house is rather keen on making sure you have a drink.

So I was thinking of taking some vodka to 'share' (but really its for my diet!!!) and slowly sipping no more than 3 singles, and then some kind of mixer.

Was going to use diet coke or diet fanta, but then I read somewhere that Diet drinks have a sweetner in that makes you hungry (and I don't love fizzy drinks anyhow so wouldn't miss it)?!

Any suggestions of what I can mix the vodka with that isn't high in cals or sugar? Was thinking orange juice but ideally need something lower in cals.

So now I need to rethink my plan..

I don't drink beer by the way.

x

Replies

• pipinan24
    pipinan24 Posts: 14
    Options
    Perhaps a dilutable fruit squash and add water and ice to that too. It's a nice mixer!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    Only thing i really know is a long island nd its about 170 calories i believe
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    i had smirnoff vanilla vodka and diet coke (which someone on here suggested) and it was delicious. yum!! Have fun :)
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Vodka and soda water, buy some fresh limes and squeze some slices in there too (or there's lime cordial but i find it too sweet)
    It can be really nice if you get the balance right
    Also stops you from making your drinks too strong
    :)
    Have a good BBQ!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Soda or tonic water. Or you could take soda and make very dilute white wine spritzers. You will be less likely to get tipsy which can knock down your dtermination to not eat the wrong things.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Only thing i really know is a long island nd its about 170 calories i believe

Long Islands can have up to 400 calories in it!!

http://www.drinknation.com/drink/long-island-iced-tea
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Vodka and soda water, buy some fresh limes and squeze some slices in there too (or there's lime cordial but i find it too sweet)
    It can be really nice if you get the balance right

I do this as well!