Weight Loss Plateau

Options
I have been on my weight loss journey for just over 2 yrs and have so far lost 92lbs my problem is that my weight loss seems to have stopped I am either maintaining or losing a lb and I wondered if anybody had any ideas to get it moving. I would like to lose another 70lbs I am currently doing weightwatchers filling and healthy and I do aquacise for 45 minutes on Mondays and an hour on Thursdays on Wednesdays and Fridays I am with my personal trainer which includes cardio (treadmill, cross trainer & rowing machine), weights and boxing I am usually in the gym 2-3 hrs, little help :blush:

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
    What calorie deficit are you at?
    Are you weighing and logging all your food?

The short answer is that what you consume is equivalent to what you burn and that includs the exercise. The probable solution is likely to be eat less or burn more. Are you tracking calories at all? It seems to me on WW you can follow their plan, but still eat more than you need to maintain, its just they dont expect it to happen. With MFP it deals strictly in the deficit, so your calorie count if accurate is either in surplus, at maintenance or in deficit. It seems from your post you do not know where you are in terms of calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Set your goal on myfitnesspal to maintenance and eat at your maintenance for 1 week. When you're in a caloric deficit for so long, your body gets used to it and stalls. You need to EAT more to break through the plateau.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    therocpile wrote: »
    Eat more. Set your goal on myfitnesspal to maintenance and eat at your maintenance for 1 week. When you're in a caloric deficit for so long, your body gets used to it and stalls. You need to EAT more to break through the plateau.

Generally a plateau means the person is eating too much, so no.

I repeat basically every other question.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wait for the OP to provide additional much needed information before throwing out generic advice. It is basically you making assumptions.

I agree. I was stalled, then started eating 100 to 150 cals less, and I started losing again.
    But this is true for ME, so let's wait for OP's answers on questions asked.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating?
    What calorie deficit are you at?
    Are you weighing and logging all your food?

The short answer is that what you consume is equivalent to what you burn and that includs the exercise. The probable solution is likely to be eat less or burn more. Are you tracking calories at all? It seems to me on WW you can follow their plan, but still eat more than you need to maintain, its just they dont expect it to happen. With MFP it deals strictly in the deficit, so your calorie count if accurate is either in surplus, at maintenance or in deficit. It seems from your post you do not know where you are in terms of calories.
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What was your starting weight?
    What is your current weight?
    Have you been in a deficit for the entire 2 years straight?

How has your logging been the whole time?
    How many calories were you eating in the beginning?
    How many are you eating now?
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    can you open your diary?

Yes to these.

No to this.

You don't eat more when your weight loss has stalled, you find out what you are doing that is causing you to eat at maintenance and make corrections from there.

Maxine,

Congrats on your weight loss! Have you adjusted your calorie goals downward with all that weight you have shed?

• maxine1967
    maxine1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for taking the time to response I will look at my calorie intake and take it from there and thanks SLLRunner for your congrats very kind of u :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    maxine1967 wrote: »
    Thank u all for taking the time to response I will look at my calorie intake and take it from there and thanks SLLRunner for your congrats very kind of u :smile:

You're welcome, but.....

You didn't answer the questions. What about opening your diary. This way, we can give better responses. :smile:
  • maxine1967
    maxine1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be honest I haven't use MFP for a while so not sure how to open the diary, I never logged how many calories I was taking in at the beginning of my weight loss I just changed my eating habits although MFP as me at 1420 per day I was just looking for some advice and maybe what I was doing wrong