Brides 2015

Options
2»

Replies

• AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! I am getting marrived November 2015 and would like to lose at least 25lbs. My goal weight is still about 40lbs away. I started insanity workouts and am on week 2, I haven't yet adjusted my diet...but that's my next step
  • mfierro22
    mfierro22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married the weekend after you! I too need help losing weight, I get very motivated and lose about 5lbs but then I quit and gain 10lbs, it is very frustrating!
    My best friend got engaged in September 2013 and we decided that we were going to get in amazing shape for her wedding that took place this past week, and well, I realized that a year had flown by and I still looked the same. I was so uncomfortable and disappointed that I had let time pass by and did not make any improvements on my weight and health. Well I don't want to feel this way at my own freaking wedding, I don't want to feel disappointed with myself on the day I marry the best man I have ever met. I have about 48 weeks left until my wedding and my goal is to lose one pound a week or at least inches since I will be doing heavy weight lifting as part of my workout routine. Congrats to all the future brides!!
  • laurashjess
    Options
    I am getting married next Sept 2015, and want to lose as much as I can, I have lost 25lbs so far and am about 40lbs from my ultimate goal weight. I am having a beach wedding so I want to look amazing in a dress that is right for the occassion, plus look the way I did when my fiance and I met! Congratulations and good luck to all! Feel free to friend request me!
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love new friends!! :)
    tumblr_ljlmfkRnbC1qg21fq.gif
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted. I was feeling really vain and silly. I am glad I am not the only one wishing I was thinner for my wedding. I kept putting the wedding off (2 years) until I met my goal but It has taken so much longer than I hoped. We finally decided September 12th was the day. I am down 130 and I have 50 left to go. I am feeling a little desperate. 50 pounds in less than a year is twice what I lost in 2014. Maybe seeing you all will help me stay motivated
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am getting married on May 6th! While I didn't start losing weight for my wedding, it sure is some motivation now that I feel like it's creeping up. I lost 30 lbs over a little less than 4 months, and would ideally like to reach my first goal (30 more) before alterations. Then after that there will be a little more to lose, and tone! I took a month hiatus but returned a few weeks ago :) Please send me requests, but be warned, I delete under-eaters!
    Congrats!
  • edeljen
    Options
    We are planning to elope summer 2015 and I wanna feel as good as I used to, not to mention, look FABULOUS! :) I look forward to supporting and being supported by other ladies on the same journey!
  • mrschandxo
    Options
    Hello fellow brides! Congratulations on your upcoming weddings!
    I am getting married on June 27, 2015 and then standing up in my best friend's wedding two weeks later on July 11th!
    I moved to Illinois to live with my fiance last year, but the weight came on relatively quickly. Before I moved out here I had a very fast paced, high energy job that kept me on my feet for nearly 9 hours a day, about 7 days a week, and I never had to think much about how or what I ate - fast forward to living with a man and being sedentary - I packed on about 20 pounds in the first 6 months. I'm hoping to lose all the weight I gained and keep it off for good by adjusting to my lifestyle change. I would love to have some friends to help keep me motivated and accountable!
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mrschanxo, the good news is medibolically weight that goes on fast can come off fast too. My endocronologist says a change of enviroment, new job, new relationships, all make our body secrete hormones differently. When we fall in love we gain about 10 pounds because our bodies are telling us to eat more to make way for that new baby. Isn't that crazy what our bodies can do? When I went off the rails last time he put me on a higher protein diet and switched my cardio from 40min to 20 twice a day. The switch in cardio really did help with the stress hormones and the higher protein reduced my carb cravings. I can't promise it will work for you but it can't hurt :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you 2015 brides! I just wanted to drop in and say that no matter how much you lose (or don't lose!) take time to enjoy your wedding day for what it is. You will feel beautiful no matter what the scale says, or the size of your dress. I got married in 2011 at 270 pounds in a size 24 wedding dress, and never felt more beautiful.

Good luck with your various weight loss goals, and I wish you as much stress-free planning as you can get, and I hope you all have wonderful wedding days. :)
  • agladows
    agladows Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congratulations!

I am getting married on August 22nd. In the past year, I went from working out 4-5 days per week to 1 day per week and moved in with my fiancé who eats at least 2 portions worth of food at every meal. This all lead to some weight gain.

I am trying to increase my work outs and begin eating healthier again. I would like to lose 15-20 pounds to put me at or lower than my original weight. I know what I need to do and how I want to feel on my wedding day and yet I really struggle with motivation.
  • shorshabae
    shorshabae Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in Sept 2015! I actually didn't even try on my wedding dress because I couldn't get into it, I stuck one of my bridesmaids into it and it looked so beautiful!

That was last Sunday and it was the kick up the bum I needed, 6 days in and I've lost 1.5lbs which is awesome. I hope we can inspire each other!

I've always been big, but after an 11 week trip to SE Asia I managed to get down to a rather trim 11st 11lbs! Fast forward 4 years... finals and 1 year of being a junior doctor and I was 210 lbs. Now 199.5 lbs and ready to look slamming in my dress. I've got another 60 lbs to go!
  • lmglaus
    lmglaus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm a Feb 2015 bride. I have a dress fitting on 12/18 and I'm pretty nervous. I need to get more on the ball. Anyone want to help motivate me!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how about friends to keep you doing the right stuff and moving forward even after picture day passes?
This discussion has been closed.