Quest bars

Options

Replies

• choochooman74
    choochooman74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the quest bars. Can't wait to try the Quest protein powder.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Better nutritionally than most and taste great! With 20 grams of protein, they work well as a meal replacement for me. I wait until GNC runs a sale like the buy one get another at 1/2 price or buy two get one free, and then I purchase. Much less pricy that way.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories to fit in real treats and don't have a problem hitting proteins and fibers, are quest bars still worth it?
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    j6o4 wrote: »
    If you have the calories to fit in real treats and don't have a problem hitting proteins and fibers, are quest bars still worth it?

Nope.

If you're getting enough protein from whole food and you're getting enough fiber, Quest Bars really don't make much sense. Actually (TMI), they usually put me a bit too far over on my fiber for my daily needs.
    However, IF you are looking for a protein bar and IF you want it to taste decent and IF you don't mind the cost and IF you need something with low sugar, Quest Bars are your best bet out of all the stuff available on the shelves. But that's a lot of if's.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    j6o4 wrote: »

Actually, yeah. I stopped using them for a few months, and I've come back to them... They satisfy my sweet tooth and fill me up more than any other sweet snack would for that amount of calories... and they don't leave me craving for more as 'real' treats would.
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the double chocolate chunk, white chocolate raspberry, and peanut butter chocolate. For me, it is a great snack and it keeps me from hitting the vending machine for a less nutritious choice (think candy bars or chips) on the nights I have school and I start getting hungry (or want something sweet). I keep a bag in the car just to have some on hand. They are usually buy 3 get 1 free at GNC, so I can go a few weeks on 12 of them.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

How many carbs?[/quote]

Both the cookies and cream and the chocolate chip cookie dough have 3 net carbs and the chocolate brownie has 5 net carbs. Those are the only ones have I on me right now. It's not too shabby!

• jflaur71
    jflaur71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are always in the Pantry...Banana Nut, Cinnamon Roll, Apple

Great grab and go when traveling
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    StDenis89 wrote: »
    Yep they're like candy to me.

Me too. The cookie dough is BY FAR my favourite! It's like a treat for me :)

I got two boxes of cookie dough for my birthday. They lasted a week.

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love them, but yesterday noticed something that is irking me now. The chocolate chip cookie dough one - the package says 21g protein, 21g carbs, and 8g fat. So that would be 21*4+21*4+8*9 = 240 calories. The package says 190 calories. How is that possible. Even if they rounded the numbers by 1 it is more than 200 calories...

A little upset - two of these a day could possibly be 100 calories more than I thought i was eating... arghhh... I like my numbers exact!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think they're gross but its just my opinion. I like the Atkins bars, specially the ones with coconut and almonds. Less protein than quest bars but I can get protein from meat so its all good.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I personally love them, but I know some people have issues with the texture. My favourites have to be Cookies & Cream, Apple Pie, and Double Choc Chunk.

Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, White Choc & Raspberry, Cookie Dough, Mixed Berry Bliss, Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, and Vanilla Almond Crunch are all pretty good too.

The only ones I wasn't a fan of were Lemon Cream Pie and Peanut Butter Supreme. The former tasted a bit sickly to me and the latter just didn't seem to have much flavour and was a bit boring.

I buy them in boxes from iHerb, as it's cheaper to buy in bulk. But what I did first was buy an individual bar from the local shop just to make sure I actually liked the flavour first.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    I love them, but yesterday noticed something that is irking me now. The chocolate chip cookie dough one - the package says 21g protein, 21g carbs, and 8g fat. So that would be 21*4+21*4+8*9 = 240 calories. The package says 190 calories. How is that possible. Even if they rounded the numbers by 1 it is more than 200 calories...

A little upset - two of these a day could possibly be 100 calories more than I thought i was eating... arghhh... I like my numbers exact!

Because the calories from fiber don't count, but show in the carb content.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    GNC has a good price when on sale. Mine tend to go stale if kept too long. Has anyone froze them? Personally....it's the protein/fiber combo that makes them worth buying. Some high protein or high fiber bars are yuck,leaving odd taste in your mouth & where do you find the combo that makes Quest bars a bargain?
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I eat them too much. It's such an easy and yummy way to get protein, though.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they are pretty pricy! I'm thinking about buying the cookie dough one but instead of by the box, just the bar. 5 bars are only $11.95 :)

I tried this one...cookie dough and it was heavy and not as good as it sounds.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think they are kind of gross until you microwave them for a few seconds. It completely changes the taste of them. They are a little pricey and I find them at a lot of stores. 7-11 and GNC have them for 2.99 each. Ordering them online in bulk is a lot cheaper.

Also, the recipe to make them at home is really simple.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I like them. The ones made with Stevia are lifesavers for me. Most other protein bars have too much sugar which defeat their purpose (at least it does for me). The low net carb and high fiber is awesome, as well.

A lot of times they put me over my protein goal so I usually eat half one day and half the next.

I like the coconut cashew best so far.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm cookie dough microwaved for 20 seconds. I try to only eat one a day. A lot of days I eat two =/ They really help my protein macro.