Hydroxycut

Options
byarger
byarger Posts: 22
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a bit skeptical to use Hydroxycut but I am trying to give my body that extra boost to lose a few more lbs of fat. I'm to the point where I've slowed my fat loss way down. Has anyone used Hydroxycut and what is your experience with it? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just Google the reviews for the stuff. Most here will say it's a waste of money, but wishing you success with your health goals.
  • byarger
    Options
    Thanks, I've checked reviews and it's always hard to tell what's real and what's not. I'm reading that Hydroxycut is the only one who has done experiments with their products. This is why I'm unsure. I guess I can always experiment and see what results I get :)
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I used diet pills in my early 20's. They are a waste of money in my opinion. If you read the directions they tell you to eat a 1200 calorie a day diet in addition to taking the pills. I have lost more weight just counting calories and exercising.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut made me soooooo sick to my stomach. I can take just about anything without it bothering me but one of the ingredients or maybe a combination of them made me feel horrible. I wanted to throw up for hours after taking it. I opted to just increase my caffeine to get me moving a little more.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You could use the Hydroxycut and maybe lose a couple of pounds. As soon as you have a drink of water and a bite of a sandwich the weight will be right back on you.

Why not keep counting your calories and exercising your body?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used diet pills in my early 20's. They are a waste of money in my opinion. If you read the directions they tell you to eat a 1200 calorie a day diet in addition to taking the pills. I have lost more weight just counting calories and exercising.

If you read the "fine print" on ANY weight loss supplement/pill/aid/miracle cure, you will find a similar disclaimer. Just eat a sensible diet, get enough water and daily moderate exercise. Save your money.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    byarger wrote: »
    I am a bit skeptical to use Hydroxycut but I am trying to give my body that extra boost to lose a few more lbs of fat. I'm to the point where I've slowed my fat loss way down. Has anyone used Hydroxycut and what is your experience with it? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!
    I've never used it, but since you are open to suggestions....

Before spending money, have you looked at your eating habits to see if you might be overestimating food and underestimating calories? This can slow weight loss down, and is the most common cause of slowed weight loss.

Have you adjusted calorie intake with every ten pounds you've lost?

How much weight do you have left to lose? If you have less to lose, then it comes off slower.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Thanks, I've checked reviews and it's always hard to tell what's real and what's not. I'm reading that Hydroxycut is the only one who has done experiments with their products. This is why I'm unsure. I guess I can always experiment and see what results I get :)

Why?

Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • byarger
    Options

I would never go under 1500 calories! That's crazy! Thanks for the input!
  • byarger
    Options
    You could use the Hydroxycut and maybe lose a couple of pounds. As soon as you have a drink of water and a bite of a sandwich the weight will be right back on you.

I am exercising my body and counting my calories. I exercise 3-5x a week and eat about 1500 calories a day. Maybe I'm just being impatient.
  • byarger
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Before spending money, have you looked at your eating habits to see if you might be overestimating food and underestimating calories? This can slow weight loss down, and is the most common cause of slowed weight loss.

How much weight do you have left to lose? If you have less to lose, then it comes off slower.

I have not adjusted my calorie intake. I burn around 1900 calories a day on lazy days and as high as 2400 calories on my workout days. I consume around 1500 calories on my lazy day and 1900 on my workout days. I have 8 lbs to go! I feel like I'm so close but so far. I eat lots of fruits/veggies and stick with whole wheat/grains. I also try to pack my day with protein. Should I be eating more calories?
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

I am exercising my body and counting my calories. I exercise 3-5x a week and eat about 1500 calories a day. Maybe I'm just being impatient.

Yeah, save your money and be patient. It will pay off.
  • byarger
    Options

Yeah, save your money and be patient. It will pay off.

Thanks! I think I will. I just have to keep telling myself that I can make it to my goal.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I tried that stuff years ago. Day 1 it killed the appetite totally. Day 2 the headache started. Day 3 massive headache. I quit taking them. The headache went away.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I have not adjusted my calorie intake. I burn around 1900 calories a day on lazy days and as high as 2400 calories on my workout days. I consume around 1500 calories on my lazy day and 1900 on my workout days. I have 8 lbs to go! I feel like I'm so close but so far. I eat lots of fruits/veggies and stick with whole wheat/grains. I also try to pack my day with protein. Should I be eating more calories?

If you're not losing weight you are eating too many calories, which generally happens by underestimating food intake (weigh your food and log every single thing you eat) and overestimating calorie burns (MFP is notorious for giving overestimated calorie burns ,so eat only 75% calories back).

Eating more refers to properly fueling your body, but to me it sounds like that's most likely not the issue.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Only thing hydroxycut did was take my money. Spend the money on a book to learn how to be more patient.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut isn't going to help you lose fat. As the name suggests it will help you cut... Water.
  • tayleigh4
    tayleigh4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut did not work, I tried it. The only diet pill that actually worked for me got discontinued unfortunately. Do not waste your money. Good luck.
  • bloodlett
    bloodlett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    just look at the name (hydro-xy-cut) it was designed for competitors it cuts water weight from your muscles giving you that cut look before a competition. a guy at my job was on it and fell out from dehydration he took a ride to the ER with a IV. if you were doing good before and hit a plateau change up you foods different proteins drink more water change exercise only healthy weight loss can be achieved by eating healthy fresh fruits, veggies and clean proteins yes you can eat pills starve yourself and lose weight but it won't stay off
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut used to have an effective ingredient. It was taken out.

You can find said ingredient in order to make a (legal, for any hand wringers) DIY version, for a fairly low price. Google it if interested. It *can* help when cycled correctly and paired with an already acceptable level of intake and activity.