Bombed my first day on calories boooooo

Options
Did not do well today. I will get back up and beat this!

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Did you log it? That's a success in my book!
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Yes today is my first day and the choices for dinner was obviously bad. But cold weather and Chili yumm. I drink two meal replacements a day. Just started that but will do no good if i go over my calories
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up just try to do better tomorrow--Its a process and a long one at that--1 day at a time
  • tattooedminx
    tattooedminx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Important thing is you were honest with yourself and logged it!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Everybody stumbles. Everybody. As long as you get back up, you win!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    It happens. The last two days for me have been total crap because of my daughters birthday, and I don't like the way eating so poorly makes me feel now. So tomorrow it's back on the wagon because I have a little black dress I need to wear in 3 weeks.

I'm not going to beat myself up over it though. Shaming myself internally does nothing positive. I did learn that Little Caesars pizza and I are not really friends anymore, and that relationship shall be ended with no tears on my end.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Not to worry, it does get easier. Keep plugging away, logging and weighing your food and you will do well. Be kind to yourself along the way.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chili, you just need to learn portion control.

Unless you are being medically supervised, I would suggest you dump the "meal replacements" and eat actual meals. Think of it this way: if your problem is portion control are you going to learn more by practicing once a day or for every meal?
  • erichegwer
    erichegwer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It's just one day. You realize what you did, and maybe take a minute to reflect what led up to the choice you made to eat a little more than you wanted. Think about the end goal next time, and you will end up OK in the long run
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, we learn from our mistakes
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. You can't change the past but you can control your future
  • Irishgirl1962
    Options
    I was searching the cupboards for things when I was almost out of calories last night. It's my 2nd day. Don't give up. It's persistence that wins. I know I will blow over. I did in sodium and fats. I am just looking at one thing at a time. Drink herbal or regular tea, sipping a warm cup of tea is soothing and helps distract eating.
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks everyone some encouraging words!