Trying to stay positive..

Options
Trying to maintain my 1200 calories per day and it is hard! I feel like I had hardly any food today. Egg burrito, banana, granola bar, handful of almonds, cheese stick, 2 cups of minestrone soup at 68 calories per cup, and a piece of toast. Not sure how I am going to make it the rest of the week I feel weak and tired how do people lose weight! I am 5ft and weighing 197 lbs :( Any positive thoughts?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Add some veggies! They are very low calorie and yet the fiber is very filling. If you ate veggies instead of that granola bar, I bet you would be stuffed.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree, add lots of veg and chew sugarless gum. It will get easier as your stomach shrinks. Hang in there.
    I've been on 1200 calories for over 9 months now and it's really plenty.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Subway turkey sandwiches 280 calories per 6 inch sub
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Most likely you're eating too few calories. Read this page, it will help you understand how it's possible to eat more and lose weight. You don't need to eat so little and suffer.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add more protein in your diet, it'll keep you full longer, and plenty of water or diet juice! I like Quest Bars, nibble on it throughout the day.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Salads in general, lettuce , tomatoes , sprinkled with a tad of cheese and olive oil are filling , yet low in cal, and I would suggest ( we call them hurma, i don't know the word in english , but they are of season in my country heavy and full-filling )
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    y51fxf3zqzge.jpg
    o9j4f7ciwnzx.jpg
    or persimmons as fruits
  • Lambykins93
    Lambykins93 Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Are you drinking enough? It's all very well focusing of food intake and calories, but you may be struggling because your water intake is too low. I found that's why I was always so lethargic - that and my choices of low nutritional value foods. I've learnt from my mistakes, and now I feel energized when I diet! Make sure to drink the recommended 8 cups a day, and then some if you feel thirsty. And choose good, nutritional snacks! :) I've found, what works for me, is to have 3 good, with at least one protein enriched, meals, then I don't feel like snacking at all.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    That sounds like torture. I am not sure of your age, sex and other info, but I am pretty sure that you can eat more than 1200 per day and still lose weight at a decent rate. Look up the Scooby workshop tdee calculator and use it to figure out your daily caloric intake. You can eat even more if you exercise. Good luck! :)
  • eddiemac617
    eddiemac617 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    18201524.png

Trying to lose weight Started off good but the weight is creeping up as I am following the diet more closely. a lot of confusion. :o
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use exercise to add some calories into my days. I am a 1200cal per day limit too, I started at 1340 per day doesn't seem like that big of a difference but those 140 calories make a difference when they are gone.
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    I'm a firm believer that as long as whatever *extra* you're putting in your body is as clean and unprocessed as possible (no refined sugar, possibly raw, possibly organic) you can add in a few calories daily (like 200-300). Seriously, I eat spinach by the handfuls with lemon and a tiny dash of sea salt. Cucumbers, celery with a tiny bit of organic nut butter (I hate eating celery raw)... etc. I love hitting up Pinterest for ideas on healthy, low or no-cal snacks. Also, as others have mentioned, get your exercise in, that can offset, and plenty of protein! ... Bottom line, you CAN do it. Focus on little changes, and in the end they amount to BIG results!