OFFICIAL youngings May Challenge

Options
This is a challenge for us younger members from teens to mid-twenties. We will have weekly weigh ins with weekly challenges to try and meet. This will be our schedule.

Week 1- May 1st-7th: Stay under your calorie goal for the entire week. If desired, we can post our food/calories for the day in the thread.

Week 2- May 8th-14th: Work out 7 of 7 days for at LEAST 45 minutes. We can put what we've done each day on the thread.

Week 3- May15th-21st: No late night snacking, and cutting out the candies we eat. If temptation comes knocking, post in the thread for encouragement. OR if you don't snack, add 2 extra lbs to your weights this week.

Week 4- May 22nd-28th: Drink 10 cups of water a day.

Week 5- May 29th-31st (not really a week): Walk/run/bike 2 miles a day.

I'd like everyone to post their weight as of today, and how much they'd like to lose this month. Keep it REALISTIC. Don't expect to lose 15 lbs in May. I hope everyone enjoys themselves. And if anyone would like to co-run this with me, that would be great!

Replies

• mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    SW: 139
    GW at end of challenge: 134
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SW:255
    GW (at end of May): 243
  • roqoru
    roqoru Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 195
    Goal Weight by End of May: 188-190

I'll be honest, I have a real tough time staying under my calorie goal for some reason. Any thoughts, help, ideas?
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    SW: 192
    GW by May 31th: 188
  • Sigra
    Options

I'll be honest, I have a real tough time staying under my calorie goal for some reason. Any thoughts, help, ideas?

Don't eat out so much, looking at your diary you seem to go out for lunch every single day and fall around 1,000cal. Sometimes it's really difficult to make your own lunch because we don't have all the time in the world - but try doing something that will take 5mins or less to throw together. For example I do:
    1cup Tuna
    1 cut up Celery Stick
    1tsp Relish
    1/2tsp mayo made with olive oil
    2 Corn or flour tortillas

Something like this takes me around 4mins to throw together before I need to head out the door. If it's absolutely necessary to go out because you were running late look to hit up Panera bread(as I see in your diary) and check out the salads they have, especially the Thai Chicken! It's 300calories and takes forever to eat!

I also like to toss a ton of Fruits and veggies into my lunch. Strawberries, Blackberries, Carrots, Grapes, Apples and Oranges. - Something from the grocery store also works like a single serving greek yogurt packets. - Even though it's not good for you, if I could I would probably eat around 900cal a day without a worry because all of these things can fill you up.
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    SW: 160 (the number that is the death of me, I am ALWAYS hovering around 160 grrrrr!)
    GW: 155
  • Sigra
    Options
    SW: 160 (the number that is the death of me, I am ALWAYS hovering around 160 grrrrr!)
    GW: 155

I know what you mean! 192 is keeping my hostage.
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options
    Sounds good :)

SW: 220
    GW: 210
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options

Sigra's ideas are good. You could also try upping your calories burned. Since MFP operates on a calorie deficit system, increasing your exercise would give you a few more calories to eat per day.
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm too old for this!
  • mamabearr
    Options

Sigra's ideas are good. You could also try upping your calories burned. Since MFP operates on a calorie deficit system, increasing your exercise would give you a few more calories to eat per day.

That's what I do, because I know that if I don't exercise, I'll go over my calories. So I try to burn a few hundred extra so I wont have to worry about going over as much. Although sometimes I do :p
  • mamabearr
    Options
    OH AND we will have our weigh ins on Sundays and Mondays.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm in!!

SW: 155.8
    GW: 150
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Can I be in if I don't have access to scales until Tuesday?
  • mamabearr
    Options
    Can I be in if I don't have access to scales until Tuesday?

Yeah that's fine. As long as you weigh in in the beginning of the week.
  • jjones649
    jjones649 Posts: 15
    Options
    CW: 197.4
    GW: 189.9 (I just want to be under 190!!!!!! :p)
  • 149Lore
    149Lore Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm in girl.
    SW: 190
    GW: 179.

:)
  • Bubbles_09
    Bubbles_09 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SW: 253 ughhh
    Gw: 245