• RetiredNavy_CT
    RetiredNavy_CT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    From Chicago area so Go Hawks!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    NY Rangers fan here
    (with a secret love for the Devils. shhhhhhh)
  • Riiseli
    Riiseli Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bruins fan here with a soft spot for #Lumbus. I also follow the Pens (just like I used to follow the Habs (I know right...)) because #3 (and #11 for the Habs). Gotta root for my countrymen and 19 year old Olympians 20 years apart seems like a good segue from one to another (not to mention the other stuff they have in common as well...).
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian, I have to like hockey. I'm from Toronto so i have to like the Leafs sadly. Hub's is a Montreal fan so I cheer for them too.

I'd cheer for Carolina since I taught skating to the sister of one of their players and he, in fact, skated at the same club and I probably taught him as well.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Are there any other real teams other than the redwings?

GO WINGS!!!
  • Mikel423
    Mikel423 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    RED WINGS ALL THE WAY
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Are there any other real teams other than the redwings?
    If there weren't, who would Datsyuk make a fool of?

Go Wings.

• Riiseli
    Riiseli Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Although I lived in Michigan for a year as a teen and went to a bunch of Griffins' games (they were the Sens' farm team back then) with hardcore Wings fans I've never really cared for them much. The only NHL game I went to see live back then was Stars vs. Hawks in Chicago. Since then I've traveled to Prague in 2010 to see Bruins & Coyotes in the Premiere games.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    shaindi wrote: »
    NY Rangers fan here
    (with a secret love for the Devils. shhhhhhh)

Me too. Growing up we were Rangers fans (well my mom was a Bruins fan...but the rest of us cheered for the Rangers)...and then the Devils came to New Jersey and my dad got season tickets...so we cheered for them too (unless they were playing the Rangers, of course).

I married a boy from Long Island ("Lawn Guyland") who roots for the Islanders, and my brother married a South Jersey girl (and Flyers fan).

When we first moved to Jacksonville we went to a couple of (the now defunct) Barracudas games. Ron Duguay was their coach at the time. <3
  • Mikel423
    Mikel423 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Red Wings Fan with a Passion to Despise the Blackhawks
  • 412lexiLEX
    412lexiLEX Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LETS GO PENS!!!! B)
  • kirishitan
    Options
    Love hockey, playing since I was a kid. My team is no longer around (Whalers! FTW!), but follow goaltenders that I like, and teams that have had traditionally good goaltending through the years. Rangers, Montreal, and yes, Toronto. Not so much currently on that one though.
  • nadnerb61
    nadnerb61 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Pens fan since the 70's
  • khakstol
    khakstol Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your not true hockey fan unless you can stick with a team through the tough times. As an Oliers fan have to respect those who hang with the Leafs. Supported the Oilers when they were great and remained a fan though the lean times of the past 3,4,5..... years.
  • DrewInPR
    DrewInPR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post! My first-ever hockey game was Detroit/Toronto, so I am a Wings fan! I also follow the Dallas Stars and Minnesota Wild.

Let's go Red Wings!
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Like to see Edmonton do well, since they have a player on their roster I used to watch when he played in High School.

Would have to say my two favorite teams are the Flyers and whoever is playing the Rangers.
  • teecee60
    teecee60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PENGUINS!!!!!
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've been a Bruins fan since the Bobby Orr & The Big Bad Bruins days. I'm also a UNH Wildcats fan, and only root for BC when no one else from New England is left in the Frozen Four!
  • brett_smith
    Options
    Flyers fan primarily but I've also got a soft spot for the Panthers. I like rooting for the underdogs.