Tired of Making Excuses

Options
I am tired of making excuses for my weight gain and determined to finally do something about it. I want to feel good about my body again and I want to improve my physical and mental health.

Replies

• Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well said, Debbie! You have the right attitude going into this journey and I wish you nothing but the best of luck on it!
  • debbiesue1972
    Options
    Thank You :blush:
  • valerielite
    valerielite Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, I too have had enough! I am so tired of losing weight only to gain it all back whenever I have any stressors in my life! I am determined this time that I will do for the last time! Want to be friends for motivation for each other?
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello Debbie,

I feel exactly the same way, I make a billion excuses like 'I will start tomorrow' 'I am tired' and 'its only one chocolate' lol. We need to stop with the excuses and start with this health kick off with a bang ;)
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    Good for you! I don't like making excuses either (which is why I chose this user name). Good luck!
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Of of the best motivators in my opinion is simply being fed up with yourself. I know that's what did it for me.

Best wishes on this new path.

Friend request me if you wish!
  • CaliSteph80
    CaliSteph80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ha! I feel the same way! I no longer can say it's my babies or work. It really is me. If you don't mind, I sent you a friend request as I think we can support each other.

Thanks!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am tired of making excuses for my weight gain and determined to finally do something about it. I want to feel good about my body again and I want to improve my physical and mental health.
    Yep, there come a point when enough is enough.
    Each of us is the author of our fitness, so welcome Debbie!

• justlittleme21
    Options
    Good luck :smile: the second I stopped making excuses it all fell into place xx
  • EmmanuelDiary
    EmmanuelDiary Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Now it's time for me to do something. That's why I created my account this morning.
    I wish you good luck and strong will.
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's where i was January 22, 2013. Sounds weird i know, but it was that day that I made up my mind to make things happen. Nothing changes if nothing changes. You have to want it. You are in control of you!! Right?? Need a friend? Feel free to send a request.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • lissalr
    Options
    Good luck ! This was me on Monday. It's time for you! :-)
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    Good job! Very often, we're the only person standing in our way.
    Brush off the negativity.
    Set your goal, and the only way is up! We're here for you!!!
  • focus135
    Options
    Being honest with ourselves is the first step. The world recognizes the *kitten*.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You will be great!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    In late February, I was ready to change too, I said I was just cutting back, not saying I was dieting. I didnt tell anyone either, because I have lost and gained the same 25 lbs several times before, since then I have lost 38lbs on MFP. I am so glad I started using this site, good luck to you and all the begginers, you just have to take it one day at a time.
  • bellybox
    Options
    Turned 50 in march & loving it! BUT I've become 'complacent'! its not gud as just begun hrt as well! I joined mfp yesterday after finding it by chance in a mag. I couldn't understand why I was gaining weight so quickly (over a stone in 4 weeks!) Til I put my food into my diary!!! Started a new job, gave up smoking, the 'change' has nothing to do with it!!!! What I found was that I'm eating less but of wrong stuff. So instead of healthy food I've been eating 'on the run'. The mfp reports showed that & I was amazed by how obvious it was!! Never done sites like this before & I'm already very impressed for stating obvious!! Gud luck & friend a complete novice (as I am) if you cud coz I cud do with support & friends on my journey.