Losing 10 pounds in a month plan?

Options
I'm going to the beach this holiday season and I feel uncomfortable in a bathing suit and want to feel a little less uncomfortable. I was wondering if this plan might work?
First when I wake up before I go to school, I do like a 10 minute work out of like push ups and stuff, and do the same thing before bed on the days I work. On the days I don't work I do the 30 Day Shred. All while eating healthy. I'm roughly 185 now and would like to be 175 or less. Do you think this might work? If not, do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• jodyboras
    jodyboras Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercise is only 20% of it. That is awesome you are exercising:) 80% of it is what you eat. I'm so grateful that I found a program that helped me release 44 pounds in total. Make sure you are getting in enough protein per day, lots of veggies and less carbs.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No. You're going to try to lose more than 2 pounds a week while doing moderate exercising and "eating healthy"?
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is fantastic you want to exercise more, but if you really want to lose weight you need to count your calories (which means weighing/measuring food) and be at a deficit.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you've just started, it is possible if you lose a lot of water weight. In order to lose 2 pounds of actual tissue in a week at a 1000 calorie deficit per day, which would probably make you malnourished eventually.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jodyboras wrote: »
    Exercise is only 20% of it. That is awesome you are exercising:) 80% of it is what you eat. I'm so grateful that I found a program that helped me release 44 pounds in total. Make sure you are getting in enough protein per day, lots of veggies and less carbs.

Veggies are carbs.

OP, a pound of fat is 3500 calories. That means to lose 1 pound per week, you would need to eat 500 calories less than you burn each day (500 calories x 7 days = 3500 calories or 1 lb). So to lose 2 pounds per week you would need to eat 1000 calories less than you burn. Unless you are very obese, that would be extremely impractical.

I, for example, am just under 5' 4" and weigh a little less than 150 lbs. I burn around 1800-2300 calories per day, depending on my activity level. To lose 2 pounds per week, I would need to eat 800-1300 calories per day. Not only would I be extremely unhappy doing that, it would also be potentially dangerous eating at the lower end of that range, and it would be very difficult to increase my activities to eat more since I would not have enough energy to do so.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No.
    Buy a bathing suit that you love. Keep up the workout plan because it will make you feel good.
  • ronitperman
    Options
    Exercise is very important for a fit and toned body. If you want to lose weight then a good combination of eating habit and exercise is very important.
    First count your calories and eat according your diet plan.
    Avoid fast foods.
    Drink lots of water it help to lose weight fast.
    Eat fresh fruits and vegetable.
    For a toned body you can also try yoga, It gives really good results.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Exercise is very important for a fit and toned body. If you want to lose weight then a good combination of eating habit and exercise is very important.
    First count your calories and eat according your diet plan.
    Avoid fast foods.
    Drink lots of water it help to lose weight fast.
    Eat fresh fruits and vegetable.
    For a toned body you can also try yoga, It gives really good results.

no
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No, it won't work. But follow your plan anyways.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey Kirsten, when I first started calorie-counting I was losing 1.5 to 2lb per week for a couple of months. This was pretty much just through reducing how many calories I was eating, as I didn't start seriously exercising until I joined a gym.
    I don't ban any foods, but by habit I probably do make about 80% of my calories really count by eating filling food.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    weigh your food, log it, eat at a calorie defecit

keep up the exercise it will give you more calories to eat if you follow the MFP method and make you feel better and go some way to protecting you from lean muscle loss

It doesn't matter what the number on the scale says - it matters how you feel about your body - and if you'll feel better if you lose a little fat then go for it - as much as you can

and any weight loss, beyond the initial water weight will include fat loss and make you feel better

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I lost 125 lbs using MFP and I ate all da carbz!!!