What a difference a year makes!

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Good job my friend! You are such an inspiration!
  • Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring story! I wish you all the best!
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    So Proud Of You!
    I'm down almost 200LBS!
    #NeverGiveUp
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Look so different.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Amazing transformation. Look so different.

Thank you. More importantly, I feel like a different person ... 10-15 years younger. That's probably the best benefit for me out of this.
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and even more awesome dedication! Congrats!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look like a different guy! a friendly nice guy in the first picture.. but a very confident stylish guy in the last photo. What a transformation. Congrats ..impressive hard work.
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job! You look great. Enjoy!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. Be proud of yourself you deserve it.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You are very impressive! You made a decision, you formed a plan, then you stayed with it until you accomplished your goal. Each step along the way, you grabbed the bull by the horns and and just kept increasing your effort and building your strength. Wow!

What were some of the things you said to yourself along the way to keep yourself motivated and on track?

When I visited my doctor after an 80 pound loss, I had a lower abdomen issue which my doctor said was excess skin. He recommended surgery, but I'm not brave enough. Maybe once the kids are grown and out of the house...
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story!! Amazing transformation!! You show that if there is will there is away!! Truly motivational.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "Bond. James Bond." That's what your very last photo reminds me of. Congratulations--you worked hard to get to your goal and you totally deserve that success!
  • RNfitgurl
    RNfitgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are nothing short of amazing! such an inspiration :) Great Job (*)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself. Awesome!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    beautiful and inspiring story. Congratulations!
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really liked this story, especially because different exercise was right for different phases of your weight loss and fitness level. I see a lot of younger people describing programs that would injure or discourage someone with physical conditions, older persons, and people with a great deal of weight to lose. Also, you quickly recognized and accepted that this was a two year project for you. It was all done in a healthy and safe way, and your results are outstanding! Great post!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for all of the kind comments. MFP has played a key part in this journey, between the logging, the support of friends, and the wealth of info and success stories in the forums.

Someone mentioned the "loose skin" topic. I'll give an update on that one, hopefully tonight. Preview - yes I have some, which after a 105 lb drop in 8.5 months, is to be expected.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I really needed to read this today.
    You're an inspiration! :smile:
  • fitterforlife
    fitterforlife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow !!! very inspiring, you look like a whole new person, hard to recognise. Keep up the good work and keep motivating the rest of the clan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!