Caloric Dense Foods

Options

Replies

• steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nuts, chocolate, cake, cottage cheese is good.. Cheese!! Nuts are my new best friend for when I am working and just burning up the calories!! I just had a smarties cookie that was 187 calories, I like dunking choccy in my tea too!!
    Obviously takeaway food and dining out!!
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    All fatty meats, all pasta, anything made with lard - like real lard, whale (better start fishing), add oil/butter to everything you cook - ALOT, deep dish pizzas

and any fast food you can find - eat it all.

Done.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    items that are.....

high fat
    low water content
    low fiber content
    low "air' content

Pasta has very little water, little air & little fiber. that's why it's calorie dense.

most fruits & veggies are the opposite, because high in water & fiber.
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Various forms of nut butters are among the absolute top. About 100 calories for one table spoon and healthy too.

On occasion (not very often) I have used that to quickly make up a calorie deficit. Usually in form of a block of dark chocolate smeared with peanut or almond butter as you would a piece of toast. That is a solid 1000-1300 calories right there.

For actual meals, Pizza is a good choice. The kind I usually order is somewhere in the 2500 - 3000 calorie range.
  • doingthisfortheboys
    Options
    flaxseed
    avocado
    nuts/ nut butters/ seeds
    cheese
    butter
    Dried fruit
    meat
    salmon / oily fish
    oil
    pasta
    granola
    whole milk
    Full fat yogurt
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Heavy cream. Star bucks Tall Heavy cream Latte is 1200 calories, Venti is 2000 cals.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream. Star bucks Tall Heavy cream Latte is 1200 calories, Venti is 2000 cals.

You can do a heavy cream latte there? Ooohhh.....I'm a little excited right now!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Any good tasting food basically. I'm surprised you have to ask