Wake up call

Options
Last night I was scrolling through my instagram feed, and have a few WL inspiration accounts on there. My 2 year old daughter happened to notice someone's before and after picture, who was at least 300lb, and she said "Mommy!" I do not want my daughter to see me like that. Or to think that is a healthy ideal. Lately I haven't been able even get down on the floor and play horsey with her and that kills me. I have a long road ahead of me but today I started logging my food again. It actually felt good. This weekend I am going to join the gym. I could use someone to hold me accountable, a good support system so feel free to add me if you are in the same boat. Good luck to all.

Replies

• RiseandGrind77
    RiseandGrind77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Just remember that the food and the amount of it you eat is about 80% of the battle. I have some tips on my page on what has worked for me.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support!
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you can do it welcome back ive had a blah day today but have snapped myself out of it :) feel free to add me can always do with more friends and support
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Add me if you like I log every day. I have a 3 yr old and a 15 month old.
  • knkirk09
    Options
    Add me too! I am in need of support as well. We can do this together :-)
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this. Feel free to add me. I'm back 2 weeks and loving the support here.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Gym is a piece of cake if you have a sense of humour and realise its a very positive step for you. Only join the gym if it feels comfy for you. If not go and look at some others.
  • kcsnedah
    Options
    I had a huge wake up call last week when I got my blood tests back and went from pre-diabetes to the very lowest edge of actual Type 2. My doc wants me on metformin but I'll be damned if I am going to relegate myself to taking a pill for something that is well within my control.

It's time to start again.
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I too have 2 young kids and i have found in the last year I have had issues getting down on the ground and playing with them. They both like to wrestle around and stuff. I coudl get on the ground but getting back up was getting tougher!!! But this wonderful place has helped me regain my confidence to get my act together and be the parent they deserve and need!!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I also am working on being healthy for my kids. :)
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sometime a wake up call is what you need. Feel free to add and good luck on your journey!
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful 4 year old who means the world to me and recently she drew a picture of a very round woman and named it mom...so starting my weight loss journey again and hope to be that healthy and active mother my daughter deserves..would love to share support and help..do feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Last night I was scrolling through my instagram feed, and have a few WL inspiration accounts on there. My 2 year old daughter happened to notice someone's before and after picture, who was at least 300lb, and she said "Mommy!" I do not want my daughter to see me like that. Or to think that is a healthy ideal. Lately I haven't been able even get down on the floor and play horsey with her and that kills me. I have a long road ahead of me but today I started logging my food again. It actually felt good. This weekend I am going to join the gym. I could use someone to hold me accountable, a good support system so feel free to add me if you are in the same boat. Good luck to all.

I had the same realization. Camp Gladiator saved me. We are all in this together. You can do it! I even blogged about it.
    http://sismyn13.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2014-01-01T00:00:00-06:00&updated-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-06:00&max-results=4
  • stich0203
    stich0203 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely get wanting to be a good example for your kids! I'm a stepmom to a beautiful 8 year old girl and I want to really show her what it is to have a healthy lifestyle and healthy self image.

Her birth mother was obese until this past spring when she had gastric bypass surgery. Now she's severely underweight and on a feeding tube and the doctors want her to reverse the surgery but she won't do it. Even though her health is declining.

My sweet girl is a big reas
  • stich0203
    stich0203 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bah, sorry. Big reason I came to this site. I want to get in shape the healthy way to show her you can be heathy and happy by eating well and being active!

I wish you the best in your journey! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other accountable! :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Hold yourself accountable. Take it one day at a time. I had 3 crappy days in a row this week and I felt it when I went to swim class last night, but I know what I need to do to keep my momentum going (forward, lol). You can do this. You'll get great support here, but get it into your head that YOU are in control. Be ready for some slip ups, but don't worry. Catch them in time, and they won't derail you. You're stronger than you think :)
  • rferrar1
    rferrar1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me for support. I started this month as well and could use some accountability support.
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    Being fit and healthy for my family is my #1 goal too! Start along and stick with it, before you know it... You'll have your "After" picture to be proud of!
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am starting over today since I kind of fell off the bandwagon over the last few months.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I have found that you can go to the gym all you want and you can try to eat as healthy as you want but until you are able to convince yourself to stick to it it will all be for naught.

2 years and 7 months ago i convinced myself