Question

Options
I should start off by saying that I'm a teacher and one of the many perks of being a teacher is that wonderful summer break! My goal this summer break is to focus on ME and start an actual workout routine that I can carry with me into the following school year! So I'm thinking of adding a video into my current routine of wanning (walking with the spurts of running thrown in?) and maybe trying out either Jillian Michaels 30day Shred or P90X, or maybe another one? What do you guys think? Which one is best?

Replies

• MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    They are all very good but for different reasons, what are you trying to achieve?

I like JM after work as it's just 20 mins if you get her 30 day one - i can't talk my self out of 20 mins.. what would you say you want the dvd to give you? a quick cardio work out? a strength work out? the list is endless :)
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Just a quicker way to tone up those flabby areas? So I guess toning and weight loss?
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred presently. I enjoy it. But, as was mentioned just now, it does depend more on what you're looking for. With Jillian you get sculpting along with cardio and abs. But if you want to burn more calories I find getting toward the end of C25K more of a challenge. So it all depends.

As a full time college student I'm also headed toward summer break in another 2 weeks. Omg, I can't wait! And I'm looking forward to working out more myself. Enjoy!

~ Joanna

~ Joanna
  • Andie122
    Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would start with something in the more "reasonable" category. If you do a running program like C25K, you can work your way up from hardly running to running a 5k. Then, adding a short strength video 3x a week will really get you some good toning.

I love P90X, but it is a HUGE commitment, so if you are pretty new to exercising (esp. strength training) or out of practice, I would start with something else. I think P90 was a pretty good fit, and I enjoyed Slim in Six (also by Beach Body). But you could also do a strength training circuit from a fitness magazine or website. I really like this one: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/lose-weight/build-strength/little-black-dress-workout-4-weeks-to-getting-slim-strong-and-sexy/
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    i do both, the jm is great, fast cardio, p90x is great for strength and endurance but takes a lot of time.