Disneyland nutritional info?

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Unless policy and signs have changed, there are signs that say no outside food or drink.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can't speak for Disneyworld, but you CAN take your own food into Disneyland. If you doubt this, take a swing by MiceChat forums and ask them. The APers will hop all over you with reassurances.

I'll be there shortly, but I'm just gonna eat all the things and guess my best! I can't be bothered to make sandwiches when I could eat park food (I actually like a lot of the food there).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can take your own food to Disneyworld too. It's just really not convenient to have to carry all that stuff with you, even less to prepare it when you're staying at a hotel.

There are a lot of healthy options though, so don't worry too much about it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    I can't speak for Disneyworld, but you CAN take your own food into Disneyland. If you doubt this, take a swing by MiceChat forums and ask them. The APers will hop all over you with reassurances.

I'll be there shortly, but I'm just gonna eat all the things and guess my best! I can't be bothered to make sandwiches when I could eat park food (I actually like a lot of the food there).
    You can take food into Disney World, too.

There may be signs saying you can't, but I've never seen them. Whatever the stated policy may be, the de facto policy is that it's allowed. They search your stuff before you go in and I have food in my purse most times I go.

It really does irk me that they won't give people nutritional info.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I took my own sandwiches into Disneyworld. I did ALOT of walking and snacked alot on things like apples. They sell them throughout the parks.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Going through security at Disneyland, a lot of people have coolers in their strollers, full of food.

I'm not sure if they changed it but there used to be lockers in the area by the park entrances, where you could store your picnic items. It looks like it's officially a rule and there is still the picnic area.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/dining/outside-food-in-park/

Disney is pretty laid back. They're the only cruise line I know of that lets you bring your own alcohol aboard, openly.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Disney is pretty laid back. They're the only cruise line I know of that lets you bring your own alcohol aboard, openly.

Seriously? That's excellent news. I'm looking at doing a cruise, and since I like the mouse, and I like my own liquor. That's a great match.

Now only if they had skeet shooting on board, it would be epic.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You may want to check it on cruise line forums to make sure that's still the case. My Disney cruise was in 2007. They're pricey so it's probably a lot cheaper to just buy alcohol aboard another line but I highly recommend seeing Castaway Cay.

No skeet shooting but they're also the only cruise line with fireworks! (Or they were in 2007, anyway.)
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just got back from disney world, and we brought tons of food into the parks with no problems. The only things I ate from in the parks was dinner, lunch and breakfast were our own (we had a suite with a kitchen, so stocked up and cooked as much as we could). I did kind of give up on the logging food, but I did wear my fitbit and logged 15,000 steps a day at least. Not as much as I thought, but enough to balance things out.
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going around Christmas and was wondering the same thing. I've told myself that it's a vacation and the yummy foods you get to try are part of the experience. I figure that all the walking we'll do in both parks for 3 days, to and from the hotel, standing in line and entertaining 3 kids will help me burn a little extra to make room for the Mickey beignets. I'm planning on tracking what a can and tacking on some extra calories here and there for padding. I figure those 3 days will be pretty inaccurate, but I don't want to break my tracking habit, even for Disneyland. I'll try and make healthy choices most of the time, but will still splurge a little.
  • dbmata
    Options
    You may want to check it on cruise line forums to make sure that's still the case. My Disney cruise was in 2007. They're pricey so it's probably a lot cheaper to just buy alcohol aboard another line but I highly recommend seeing Castaway Cay.

No skeet shooting but they're also the only cruise line with fireworks! (Or they were in 2007, anyway.)
    The skeet shooting would tickle my redneck, tell you what.

Cruises just seem like fun. A floating city, full of people having fun.

Not like a train. People get murdered on trains.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Also just got back. You just have to estimate as best you can. Or eat known foods in the mpf database as much as you can. Walking all day will give you some leeway. We also brought in snacks. A lot of them had their calorie values on the snack package. When you eat out, just estimate.
  • reba020
    reba020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't know nutritional info but a great food choice is Paradise Garden Grill in California Adventure. Awesome pitas and salads!!!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    kloquinn wrote: »
    I am guessing no one has it, since the DL website says they don't give it out... But we're going in a few weeks and I'd love to try to keep track of what I'm eating while I'm there. Anyone with any information? Nothing except Dole Whips in the database! Thanks!

Just estimate the calories and have fun!

If you are really worried about it, just eat before/after and fast while there. Water has zero calories.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    A week and a half away for me! My goal is to just not GAIN weight. If I don't lose anything, fine. I want to enjoy myself!
    I know that when it comes to it though, I will make the better choices. My instincts are better than they used to be and I no longer feel the desperate need to stuff myself with crap.