What is your plan of attack for the food heavy holiday season?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    I plan to be over on Thanksgiving, my birthday weekend, and Christmas (eve and day) and I will not regret a single thing I eat on those days. I'll be good every other day in between.

ETA: I started losing weight last October and that was my same plan of attack then. One year and 42 pounds later, I think it's still a really good plan.

Is your hubby gonna let you? :p
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    mlrtri wrote: »
    I have decided to slim down right before the food heavy holidays. I am committed now, no going back. Please share your plans on making sure you stay on track during the holidays.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRilvXLm1yDTiSYFhpxF6dJtiiyzCqNi2RooKX9WK5vpPM65Ge64w

Too simple?

tumblr_lfl0nuPiYO1qdzjnp.gif

gif_500x500_05a71d.gif
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure yet what I'm going to do. I have a holiday gathering pretty much every week starting the night before Thanksgiving. I think I'll most likely squirrel away 100 calories a day for a week prior to the event just in case.

For me it's more about the booze than the food B) But when it comes to the food, if there's something I like I'll just have a little of it. I'm not going to over stuff myself.

For Thanksgiving (I don't eat meat so I don't need to worry about the turkey/stuffing/gravy) I'll fill up my plate with green beans and carrots, I'll have a spoon full of corn and a spoon full of sweet potatos. If I'm still hungry I'll treat myself to a piece of pie for desert.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will eat more calories than usual on Thanksgiving, mostly because it's one of the few days I actually eat 2 large meals. But really I've never seen it as a "pig out" day. I sometimes don't even have dessert because I'm too full. My family has never done a big Christmas feast, so I don't expect I'll overeat that day.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat my weight in pie, shortly after eating my weight in turkey, ham, sweet and mashed potato's, stuffing, rolls, and creamed corn, then I'm going to pass out in front of a football game, then I'm going to stuff a big cooler full of leftovers and go coyote hunting for two days, I plan to eat a pecan pie for breakfast on Friday the 28th, not a slice, a pie.

I'm not going to log it for a handful of reasons, mainly because I won't have internet access, and because I know I'm going to eat a ton, and I refuse to feel bad about that. Last year my goal was 10,000 calories on Thanksgiving, I missed it by about 2500, the following week I was still down half a pound.

In short, I'm going to enjoy the holidays, and I'm going to eat all the foodz, in large quantities.

Rigger
  • sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do some vigorous exercise beforehand, and keep other meals light or non-existent that day. Also, I may just stay around maintenance for the day. It is just one day, after all. :) Good luck!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Eating like a sonuvabitch on the actual holidays, maintenance calories for peripheral days, getting exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY. That and serious consistency in healthy eating before and after said horrifying periods of gorging.
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm ramping up to q day workouts leading up to Thanksgiving day, I'd like to have a decent amount of calories banked so I can enjoy the festivities without worrying too much about undoing my hard work to date.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving morning will start with the 5 mile Turkey Trot, then whatever happens after that . . .. .well, What Happens on Thanksgiving stays on Thanksgiving.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    We don't do Thanksgiving in NZ (at least our family doesn't) so it's just a normal day foodwise. Christmas day is our big food laden holiday and I'm planning on just letting that day be relaxed in regards to logging it. I will still log as much as I can (hard task especially since hubby is cooking) but I won't be worrying about going over my calorie budget or putting on weight from the food. I also still plan on getting my exercise in (dog walking for 1-2 hours) so not going to be completely going out of control.
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I live very far from any relatives, so I dont often have any issues during the holidays... My coworker decided to 'adopt' me though so I may be invited to her house for Thanksgiving. I plan on just eating and having fun, but making sure I dont eat too much or I might feel sick =s. Then next day I will be sure to get in a lot more exercise!
    Christmas Ill probably do what I do every christmas and sit at home playing video games... maybe Ill get a little treat that I can share with my cat...
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    Eat as much as you want! Just make up for it on other days.
  • I am going to eat on Thanksgiving and then bounce right back on Friday afterwards. I don't munch out during the Holidays except for Thanksgiving Day.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I will stick to my normal routine through the holidays - eating at a deficit and exercising every day. On the actual days of the holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), I will eat what I want without tracking, but then right back to normal the very next day. As long as I don't turn Thanksgiving and Christmas into a 6-week long food fest, I'm fine. I have also entered into my company's "Holiday Hold 'Em" challenge which rewards all participants who hold their weight through the holidays. It is a team challenge. The initial team weigh-in is this Wednesday and the final weigh-in is January 5. As long as your team (as a whole) weighs the same or less, everyone in the team gets a prize. If your team loses the most weight each team member gets a big prize (gift certificate for a local business). it's a nice little added incentive to really be mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. Not only do *I* want to win a prize, but now I am accountable to the other members of my team as well!
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Same as it has been. Eat reasonable and realistic portions of the foods that I want to eat, log everything, drink plenty of water, get enough exercise, get enough sleep, and go on about my merrier slimmer way. :)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    EAT DRINK and BE MERRY. There.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    KCKO. Just like every day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    It won't be a food heavy day, just a food yummy day! serving sizes remain the same - but I am definitely going to make sure I get all my workouts in that week - because for me - my work day structure falling apart is more of an obstacle than eating delicious non-junk food :D
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    I plan to be over on Thanksgiving, my birthday weekend, and Christmas (eve and day) and I will not regret a single thing I eat on those days. I'll be good every other day in between.

ETA: I started losing weight last October and that was my same plan of attack then. One year and 42 pounds later, I think it's still a really good plan.

Is your hubby gonna let you? :p

Personally I hate Thanksgiving. I don't like turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, gravy and I'm allergic to cinnamon and pumpkin spice. I work all day to prepare a huge meal for just the two of us. I nibble on the turkey so he doesn't feel bad that I worked so hard just for him. I'm mostly going to shove my face full of mashed potatoes and rolls and chocolate pie. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday of the year so I'm sure he'll be pretty damn happy with the feast I prepare for him.

So I don't think he's going to have a problem.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    It won't be a food heavy day, just a food yummy day! serving sizes remain the same - but I am definitely going to make sure I get all my workouts in that week - because for me - my work day structure falling apart is more of an obstacle than eating delicious non-junk food :D

Plus, turkey has all the protein!