Help... Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Buddyband?

Options
Hey,

I'm considering buying one of the above. Any help as to which one is best?

I've had a look at reviews and all seem to be similar online. So any personal experiences? Are the more expensive ones any better? I know some of them link to MFP, but i'm not that bothered about that as i'll use the band with my iphone and possibly use MFP separately.

Any advice appreciated.

xx

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit Flex for about 2 1/2 months. I really like it. I have mine linked with MFP. I only enter food, exercise in MFP. It adds burned calories in the exercise log of MFP. You can check out my exercise log to see it if you want. I think you might need to friend me though. Since having it I want to get in as many steps per day as possible. There are also little challenges you can do and challenge friends. It's fun.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I recommend finding out and nailing down what's important to YOU - syncing to MFP? Battery life? Design? What it tracks?

I had the Force, loved it, but realized I kind of want the option of an HR tracker and built in GPS (which negatively impacts battery life). So, I'm holding off on getting a replacement until some of the fancier bands have been around a while.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    arrrrjt wrote: »
    I recommend finding out and nailing down what's important to YOU - syncing to MFP? Battery life? Design? What it tracks?

I had the Force, loved it, but realized I kind of want the option of an HR tracker and built in GPS (which negatively impacts battery life). So, I'm holding off on getting a replacement until some of the fancier bands have been around a while.

Yes, that's the point. None of them are that great, with some doing more of one thing and less of another. The technology is just not there yet.

I've had a fitbit 1 and a jawbone up, which I just took off this morning. I've gotten too chummy with tech support and want something that will not need so much attention. I'm waiting for the Apple watch. I spend time this morning reading reviews.

Meanwhile, I've dusted off my Polar7 HRM and downloaded a step app to my phone. It doesn't sync with MFP, but that's ok.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    The new Up3 looks promising in that it has a lot of the functionality of Bodymedia, which is the most accurate tracker that has currently been tested.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin 15--Its an activity tracker and a HRM in one and it syncs with MFP
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    arrrrjt wrote: »

Yes, that's the point. None of them are that great, with some doing more of one thing and less of another. The technology is just not there yet.

I've had a fitbit 1 and a jawbone up, which I just took off this morning. I've gotten too chummy with tech support and want something that will not need so much attention. I'm waiting for the Apple watch. I spend time this morning reading reviews.

Meanwhile, I've dusted off my Polar7 HRM and downloaded a step app to my phone. It doesn't sync with MFP, but that's ok.

Yup, I've started to realize some of the runner's watches may be more what I'm looking for (Garmin FR15, Polar M400, Basis Peak, etc).

If you're spending $150+ for a step counter, it seems silly to not consider paying an extra $50 for something with a bit more.