Not making any progress & I'm getting discouraged.

Options
Zoey2120
Zoey2120 Posts: 27 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I'm new here. I heard this site is good for monitoring calories & getting advice on weight loss. I'm in my early 30s. I'm 5'4, my current weight is 135, I'm trying to get down to 125. My main goal is to lose fat. Right now my body fat is around 23% & I want to get it down to around 18-19. I am working out 6 days a week doing 30 mins of fasted cardio followed by weight lifting. I lift heavy. My diary is public if you want to look at that. But my inches & weight haven't budged in months & I'm just at a loss. I feel like giving up sometimes. Any advice?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What height are you, Zoe? And how did you decide on your body fat goal?
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You're perhaps not getting enough rest days in there. I understand that's when most of the muscle-growing goes on.

Can you give us some information on your calories?
  • Zoey2120
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'4 & my calories are around 1200-13000 a day. I just logged an average day into my diary. I used to have my body fat around 16% & it was too low, when it got up to around 18-19 range I was very happy with how I looked. But, I just fell off with my eating & gained weight that I'm not happy with.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost weight in months, you're not in a calorie deficit.
    MFP gives you your calorie goal to lose. You should weigh all solid foods on a food scale and measure liquids for accuracy.
    In addition to logging accurately, eat back about half of your exercise calories.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    1300 calories working out 6 times a week, 30 min cardio and weights???

Surely you would need to eat more than this.... No? Am I wrong???

Are you using a HRM to monitor calories burned?

Have you worked out your bmr & tdee? What is it?

To lose weight = calories in v's calories out.

Are you weighing your food?

You need to log everything and watch everything that goes into your mouth. The only drink that doesn't have calories is water - everything else does.

Take photos of yourself

Take measurements

Drink plenty of water
  • logg1e
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you're eating, if you're not recording what you eat, let alone measuring your intake accurately?
  • Zoey2120
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    How do you know how many calories you're eating, if you're not recording what you eat, let alone measuring your intake accurately?

Like I said I just joined this site so I can more easily track my calories. Before now I just had a hand written diary & I logged an average day into my MFP diary just now.
  • Zoey2120
    Options
    2013sk wrote: »
    1300 calories working out 6 times a week, 30 min cardio and weights???

Surely you would need to eat more than this.... No? Am I wrong???

Are you using a HRM to monitor calories burned?

Have you worked out your bmr & tdee? What is it?

To lose weight = calories in v's calories out.

Are you weighing your food?

You need to log everything and watch everything that goes into your mouth. The only drink that doesn't have calories is water - everything else does.

Take photos of yourself

Take measurements

Drink plenty of water

I have been doing measurements which is why I saw today that I have made 0 progress. I just started using MFP so I will be logging everything. The only thing I drink other than water is coffee & I only put Stevia in it. I don't own a HRM, I want to get one but the good ones are so freaking expensive. No I need to worked out my tdee & bmr, I haven't done that in a very long time.
  • logg1e
    Options
    Zoey2120 wrote: »
    logg1e wrote: »

Like I said I just joined this site so I can more easily track my calories. Before now I just had a hand written diary & I logged an average day into my MFP diary just now.

Welcome, and I hope you have as much success as I have had on here. I recommend you go to the Getting Started forum and read some of the announcement threads at the top - one's called, "A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants" - despite the name it's got great advice.
  • logg1e
    Options
    Zoey2120 wrote: »
    No I need to worked out my tdee & bmr, I haven't done that in a very long time.

This is my favourite calculator, http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • Zoey2120
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all the guidance, I truly appreciate it!