My 90 day Challenge

Options
patb987
patb987 Posts: 44 Member
I have battled with weight my whole life, I have wild swings of 30 pounds or so. Luckily I am also have been pretty active my whole life too, so it it easier for me to drop weight than most.

I started this journey at 224 pounds, my goal was two pounds a week for a net of 1500 cal a day. I know many of you will give me flak for this, its the internet you are entitled to your own opinion. I wont lie, the first three weeks were hell. I started every morning with a banana and a nutri grain bar or 3 eggs and toast. Lunch was typically a 6" turkey on flat bread from subway, and then a lot of chicken and veggies for dinners. Every night I had an ice cream bar, a Skinny Cow, so that I still got the sweets I love so much. I also had a cheat day every weak where I would eat to my maintain cal, this helped me with cravings as well.

During this time I ran about 160 miles or so, started at 5.0mph for as long as I could or up to 30mins, every week I added .2 to the speed until I reached 6.0 for 30mins. I didnt start lifting any weights until after almost 60 days as this usually drives my hunger up a lot. Even when I did start lifting I only used light weights with high reps.

Its been 2 weeks since I have completed my 90 days, I dont track every day, but stick to a general diet and have decided to drop another 5 pounds. Which is surprisingly easy to cut off some calories from my maintain now, but I am only looking to drop a pound a week at this point.

With out MFP I dont think I would have had this success, plus having a my now ex GF doing it with me. I love this tool and tell everyone about it, the gamification it brings to the process its great also.

Wrapping this all up, I wouldn't recommend starting off at 2lbs unless you have been pretty active for a majority of your life, it would be a huge shock to many that might derail your enthusiasm. The best exercise you can do is the one you enjoy doing the most. Find time to work out, I have only worked out over 30mins a handfull of times, typically when I was running more the 3 miles just to do it. And treats are not the worst thing you can do, I think they are good to reward yourself for your hard work.

Good luck to you, push yourself and you can do anything you set your mind too.

i00ffyycqsj2.jpg
kidyy3ljl6ns.jpg

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You'll get no flak from me - you've done a great job. Congratulations.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    good job, nice to point out to a lot of people that it doesn't always have to take ages to get results :)
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, great transformation! Kudos to you!!
  • tifftwoten
    tifftwoten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am glad you pointed out the bit about 2 lbs/week. I started out that this. I lost 6 pounds last month, but last week I got so depressed about things that I didn't log anything in which was counterproductive. Today I woke up, and took my dog for a 50 minute walk because I was reminding myself that success is not linear.
  • patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    tifftwoten wrote: »
    I am glad you pointed out the bit about 2 lbs/week. I started out that this. I lost 6 pounds last month, but last week I got so depressed about things that I didn't log anything in which was counterproductive. Today I woke up, and took my dog for a 50 minute walk because I was reminding myself that success is not linear.

If I was starting off from scratch I might actually take it gradually, a half a pound for the first 2-4 weeks, then bump it up, then see how you feel and bump it again if you think its doable. I know its hard and we all want instant gratification, but the most important part is to stick with it! If you stick with it there is 100% chance of reaching your goal. Good luck to you!

• slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!!!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Wow, what a huge difference! Great job!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work...you can see a big difference! Well done :)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Brilliant work!

May I also congratulate you on having a bathroom photo with a clean mirror, no clutter around the sink and no clothes on the floor?
  • jmperry18
    jmperry18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You can see the difference!! :)
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant! Well done :smile:
  • samanthasalter1
    samanthasalter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done, u look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!