SUPPLEMENTS AND WEIGHT LOSS PILLS!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys, i really appreciate it and have took everything into consideration :)

Things i bought were:
    PHD Diet Whey protein in Chocolate Peanut (yummy!) -never tried this before so it should be interesting!
    Some Multi-Vitamins (basic) just to maintain well being.
    I've also bought a range of teas just to try (such as dandelion) which ive never tried before either!
    and some various home workout bits and pieces such as a weighted hulahoop (sassy!!) and a skipping rope purely for a little bit of fun in between lifting haha! :)

The slightly taboo things i have purchased are the Nutrex Lipo-6 CLA Capsules (a fat burner) and i'm trying the bootea detox 14 day tea detox selection of day and night. I'm a bit dubious myself on these products but I will let you all know how i get on if you are interested in a week or so :) Many thanks for the kind wishes of good luck! Hopefully my new training programme will have me ripped in no time!! :D

Thanks again!
    Tiffany xx
    Not the sharpest tool in the tool shed. Or a spammer.
    or she's fallen into the 'simple steps' spam

To the person that shared they are still waiting for info.... ha! We'll be waiting a long time for that.

Ppl ask for ideas, help and then they decide to do what they planned all along...... :huh: Why even post the question if you already had plans to detox, do diet pills, fat burning pills etc. ???
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

So im starting to take my training very seriously now :) I want to look like Paige Hathaway haha! ;)

I'm currently finding protein which is right for me, and i have my training routine which is perfect :) but i have some questions about other kinds of supplements such as multi vitamins, weight loss pills, tea detox (such as bootea and tinytea) metabolism boosters, skin firming lotions and celulite gel as well as body brushing and tanning?!

I was wondering if any of you use the above supplements or anything? and if so what is, how do you use it and is it good for you?

Thanks!

Tiffany :) xx

I take a multitude of dietary supplements but none specific to weight loss. One of the supplements I take is a multi vitamin. Dietary supplements can have negative side effects as well as interact with each other or other medications so it is best to consult your health care provider and do your research before taking any dietary supplements. I don't recommend weight loss pills. They are just wrong on so many levels and can be quite dangerous. I also don't recommend detox products but you can help your body detox simply by following natural methods like increasing your water intake while eliminating your exposure to substances that put extra stress on your kidneys and liver. I do like skin lotions. Palmer's makes a good skin firming lotion and BioOil will help repair your skin minimizing/eliminating stretch marks and scars. There are certain dietary supplements that support healthy skin. If you want healthy, glowing skin eliminate alcohol and tobacco, reduce sugar intake, avoid asparatame, and drink adequate water. Body brushing is highly recommended. I personally practice strong SAP so no tanning ever. Tanning really is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. I can't comment on cellulite gels as I haven't used them.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin, sure. I think everyone should take a multivitamin.

But, why would you buy a "fat-burner" and detox tea? These are not only unnecessary (Weight loss isn't magic. You don't need highly advertised nonsense, seriously), they are most likely unsafe. Can you return this stuff? Or just throw it out and accept that you made a mistake? <--Sorry to be harsh, but these no-effort quick-fix stuff, they're no good.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    DO NOT use weight loss pills. The only ones that genuinely work are BAD for you and could leave you with long lasting, if not permanent, side effects.

I used to take them. I am not proud of it. But this time, I am determined to do it without. I am taking supplements though - protein powder when I do weight training, multi vitamins, dietary fibre (I don't get enough of it) and natural sea kelp. I aim for a 1/3rd split in nutrients across my diet.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Multi vits I like are whole food multis which are derived from plants. I definitely say fish oil is good for you especially if you have bipolar at all. But only in the liquid form not pills. Like nordic naturals has the best. B12 is good for dips in energy and most people are deficiebt in d. Sun gazing can help that. I have tried blueberry slim life detox tea. Oolong, green tea and others. They do work. I have tried skin brushing and cold showers in the morning or the cold foot bath. It is supposed to be good for your lymph nodes since they often do not get flushed or whatever that word is. Rebounding is good for lymph nodes and kundalini yoga has specific exercises to help the lymph nodes and adrenals which often do not get the message type action they need. Adrenals get depleted when we have alot of stress on the mind and body and can lead to adrenal fatigue. I believe in detoxification of the body and its systems and occasional fasting and juicing when done properly. We do store chemicals in the body and are exposed daily so I think its good to help the kidneys so they are not overworked. Many people don't agree with that but I know people who have lost their kidney function and I know I do not. Anyway if you have any questions pm me or add me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Multi Vitamin good.

Protein powder is fine if you need it. But you can just get all your protein from food.

Fish oil is alright too although I've read it's not as awesome as some people make it out to be.

Tanning makes you tan, so if that's what you want. It's also good for vitamin D in the winter if you live in a dark area. Or you can talk to your doctor about supplementation.

Everything else? Nope.
  • liviilooseweight
    liviilooseweight Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    multivitamin always. Also, Hydroxycut stimulant free gummies help me from over eating.
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein shake for dinner almost every day but protein is just essential nutrition. Because I can't eat that much fruits and vegetable, I take a multivitamin, vitamin C every day. Sometimes I drink green tea but mostly when I am bored of water.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The detox is a total waste of time and money in my opinion. It's unnecessary, uncomfortable and not documented to show long term success in most cases (lost water weight and major rebounding weight gain).

As for the CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), I don't know why people are flipping out. It's a naturally occurring fatty acid with several potential health benefits. It's not really a fat burner like the OP stated but there are some studies that suggest it may help to encourage the body's natural process of releasing energy from fat stores when paired with exercise and a caloric deficit. Aside from that, it's thought to be beneficial for heart health as well as preventing certain types of cancer. It contains no unnatural active ingredients, is not a stimulant and carries no known health concerns. It's not a miracle pill and it will not cause you to lose fat without you doing what is already necessary for fat loss but it is a safe and healthy supplement.

Some people hear the word "supplement" and automatically assume it's some kind of stimulant or man-made chemical substance intended to offer a quick fix for weight loss at the risk of blowing up one's heart. However, there are actually several natural substances which, while not required for weight loss or fitness, may be quite beneficial for overall health and bodily function. If those supplements (CLA, fish oil, multivitamins, etc.) contribute to overall health in such a way as to also aid in reaching your fitness goals then all the better.

That said, anything you put into your body should be well researched and documented as safe (and in my opinion, natural). Most diet pills (Alli and the gang) are not.

ETA: I don't personally take CLA (though I'm not opposed to it). My current supplements are protein (whey and casein), creatine, a multivitamin, fish oil and glucosamine/chondroitin (for my knee and shoulder).
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    The only supplement I take is a multivitamin and protein powder.

Fat loss pills, detox teas and metabolism boosters are pretty much bunk. You don't need to detox as long as your liver and kidneys are working fine. Fat loss pills all say "in conjunction with diet and exercise-so you are probably losing weight base on the diet and exercise and not the pill. Save your money. Unless your doctor has told you that your lab work shows that you are deficient in something, don't waste your time on supplements.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Pills, detox ... just a few more and I'll have bingo.

tZOS8.gif