I need motivation to continue my diet

Options
I wonder why I became so weak 12 years ago I did a diet and I lost around 40 pounds why I couldn't do that now ??? every time I start I broke at the end of the day ?? how to motivate myself ??? OMG I really need your help :(

Replies

• Monkieboo2014
    Monkieboo2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know it probably sounds typical, but looking at either old clothes that are too big now, or old clothes you'd like to fit into again (and trying either on to see the difference) helps me a lot.
    Also, I wrote down my thoughts on why I want to lose weight. Just to myself, like the things I generally don't share, to keep in my purse or somewhere I'll come across them from time to time. One of my inspirations when I was steadily gaining and realized I needed to get serious was I didn't want to look like my boss at the time. People had asked if we were related, and she was very obese, not even trying to be healthy, with numerous health problems and extremely unhappy from not even trying. It's vain, but one of my inspirations. Good luck! You can do it!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    The truth is we all have trouble with being motivated at times. The trick is you have to learn to do it whether your motivated or not. You just do it anyway. :)
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    The truth is we all have trouble with being motivated at times. The trick is you have to learn to do it whether your motivated or not. You just do it anyway. :)

This.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I had to ask myself why do I keep doing this destructive thing to myself. I need to take care of myself. I learned to love and respect myself and now demand it from others.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You have to understand what it is you are trying to do and why. You then have to make the commitment and choice to accept and embrace all the parts that come with the diet including eating in moderation. If you cant last a day then you dont want it badly enough.

The person to motivate you is yourself. If you keep going off track then figure why and adopt a suitable strategy to deal with it the next time it happens. Its completely within your control, even though at times it isnt easy and a lot of the time its boring.

Prepare properly and start with babysteps. One day and one week at a time.
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You have done it before when you say you lost 40 pounds. It is not going to be the same because our bodies dont retain the same metabolism over the years.

You have to work harder this time. But your problem is consistency! You start and then you loose it at the end of the day.

Find something that you can stick to. Do not set unrealistic goals for you. I also tend to enjoy my dinner more than any meal of the day. But I keep it moderate. I am really strict through out the day but with dinner, I eat just a little bit more by adding half a piece of my fav bread or a tea spoon of my fav mayo with other healthy items. That way I can eat healthy and satisfy my cravings too.

It is probably a cliche statement but you are what you put in your mouth. I had a knee injury last month and still managed to loose 2 kilos of body fat and retain all the muscle with just great food. Its not that i ate carrots day and night, i had cheat meals and snacks too.

It is important to watch what you eat. I dont want to be a diabetic, a heart patient, an unattractive woman that my husband will loose interest in...I want to fit in the sext club dress..I want the best hair n makeup done for my photoshoot, I want a glowing skin..

I am ME .. I am not YOU or HIM or HER...

I am ready to change myself into a better version me me that I can be proud of...Thats my mantra to keep going...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    the truth is, motivation doesn't burn calories or lower your cholesterol. Good decisions do. And good decisions aren't made when you feel like it, but when you need to.

You'll do everything you need to do when you stop waiting to feel like it. I promise!

(imagine if kids only cleaned their rooms or brushed their teeth when they were motivated to! the horror!)
This discussion has been closed.