looking for friends in The South Beach Diet / Lo Carb Diet

Options
Hi my name is Rene( Reboz) and I'm new to my fitness pal and trying the south beach diet per my doctor to lower my cholesterol and lower my glucose ( pre diabetic)... I don't want to end up on statins or meds for diabetes... I'm looking for friends for support to reach my health and weight goals.. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• keameyer1001
    Options
    Hi - I am Eileen and I am in the same spot. I have been trying to stay on the "low carb" way of life but have a hard time doing it on my own. I too need encouragement!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My name is Kaeli and I'm currently practicing keto :) I follow a paleo/primal diet, but stay mostly away from fruit and high carb veggies/tubers. I strive for less than 50g carbs daily, with under 30g being ideal. I do occasionally cycle in higher carb days/weeks when I feel like I'm hitting a stall. I've been doing this for about a year now!

I'm always game for more friends!
  • Pudgemuffin1
    Pudgemuffin1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello I am also trying the low carb diet I have diabetes already but lower carb and higher fat is apparently better thru alot of my research. The higher fat does not raise your glucose levels as fast as low fat or sugar free.
  • jaynniembaby
    jaynniembaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :]
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im pretty new to following a low carb lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a friends :)
  • friendtotortoise
    friendtotortoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Rene. I'd be happy to be 'friends' with you and help each other with South Beach. I restarted being serious with Phase I a week ago. I had regained weight I had lost + a couple more, but, thankfully, have taken 6 back off since really sticking with just proteins and veggies and a little fat this past week. I had done South Beach several years ago and just feel like it is a healthy, balanced way of eating, the way we are meant to eat, even if we are not trying to get rid of extra weight. I don't know if I'm doing it exactly as called for because I'm doing it from memory. I don't remember if any fat or beans are included in Phase I, but I'm finding a teaspoon of butter to cook my eggs and a tablespoon of Ranch or similar to flavor my salad is working. : ) One of the meals I like to do is a big bed of lettuce with beans, chicken breast tender, Herdez salsa, and whatever other veggies I might have.u.
    Good luck to you. If you want to send me a friend request I'll answer it.
  • friendtotortoise
    friendtotortoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    was a duplicate
  • RenaLaRose
    Options
    Thanks I would appreciate any support/help I can get :))
  • MamaModem
    Options
    Hi!
    I just recently started Phase 1 of the South Beach diet as well (day 3!). I've been scouring the internet for Phase 1-friendly recipes and came across a fantastic website: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/ She has SOOOOO many recipes that look amazing. I was a "eat white rice every day" kind of girl and thought I'd be suffering, but so far, so good. Feel free to add me, I'd love to have some support as well.

~Liz
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    Hello everyone. I live low carb using the Atkins method. Been doing it over three years now and have done it before as well. Add me if you'd like another low carb alli.
  • ashleighrose13
    ashleighrose13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Just starting Day 1 of Phase 1 of South Beach. I've done Atkins in the past which was successful but I'm looking for something with more flexibility. If anyone has any advice or recipes to share that would be awesome. Feel free to add me as well. I need all the support I can get.
  • tcThePT
    Options
    Hi , I've been told by a nutritionist friend of mine that this is the best "diet" around. Could always do wit more support knowledge, add me
  • JessaWannaEatEverything
    Options
    Hi! This is my 3rd time on SouthBeach. I always get great results, but then stray from it and need to go back. Feel free to add me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My eating looks like a South Beach meets the mediterranean diet. (Which makes sense, as the SB diet was modeled on the mediterranean diet). Not low carb, but probably lower than the SAD. Been maintaining for almost 14 years by keeping up the good habits I learned. Feel free to add me as well.

(yes, I know this is an older thread)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    RenaLaRose wrote: »
    Hi my name is Rene( Reboz) and I'm new to my fitness pal and trying the south beach diet per my doctor to lower my cholesterol and lower my glucose ( pre diabetic)... I don't want to end up on statins or meds for diabetes... I'm looking for friends for support to reach my health and weight goals.. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Have I told you lately how much I love your avatar?
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm eating low carb as well to manage weight. Currently wading through a (non astringent) Atkins, Phase 1. Feel free to add me!