Trying to regulate eating and lose weight?

Options
Hi everyone! So, I've had disordered eating patterns for a very very long time, and am basically trying to recover. I used to eat to little and binge, and yo-to my weight constantly. I am a 19 year old female who is 5' 4 and 145 pounds, and to stabilize my eating habits I have decided to eat 2000 calories daily. I calculated my TDEE to be 2300, as I exercise 3-5 times a week, with long runs put in for race training. I also usually lift, but school has side tracked that for the last few weeks. Once I feel comfortable and re-nourished at this calorie amount, I was going to slowly decrease my intake to maybe lose a little more. I guess what I'm asking is, does this seem like a sound plan? To heal myself but also get some of the weight loss progress I want? Thanks for any responses. :)

Replies

• 55sc
    55sc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This does seem like a sound plan. Since you haven't been on a stable plan for a long time, getting your intake stable would be a good first step. After you've been on a stable diet for a few months, you can look at decreasing your calories, though you may find you lose slowly and steadily at your calorie deficit.

If you have had disordered eating patterns for most of your teen years, you might need counseling to overcome some of the issues. Recognizing that this is unhealthy and wanting to change is a great first step, but don't be afraid to seek help if you are not able to deal with it on your own.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like a very good plan -- very insightful and mature!!!

Best wishes to you!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You could decrease to 1800 and that would be a deficit of 500 calories, for a 1 pound a week loss. That sounds reasonable. Don't go for a more aggressive goal of more than 1 pound a week.
  • StepsLightlyCloser
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! :) Yes my plan was to just feel stable at this intake then once I feel comfortable to lower it to 1800 to lose more weight. I am also considering someone to talk to but is not the easiest choice for me. And hopefully I'll actually lose a few pounds at this calorie amount!