I am trying to lose 15lbs by Christmas!

Options
Would u like to join my group? Its been really hard to even lose 1 lb due to the fact that i have hypo thyroids. So if u r in the battle i am in, lets help each other out. Thanks and God Bless

Replies

• fineh
    fineh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey same boat. Not sure if this will work but what can I do
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well... Hypo active thyroid and low Iron bordering on anemic so I'm cold and tired allll the time. I wanted to lost 16 by christmas and I started Nov 1. I'm down 5 pounds so 11 more to go :smile:
  • penelope9719
    Options
    I would like to join! Can someone add me to a group?
  • Mark330
    Options
    I was thinking about something like this this morning. What if we go for 15 lbs from the Friday after Thanksgiving to the morning of Christmas Eve. It would be a ton of massive action, but would be a great model for everyone who uses the excuse of the holidays for not being able to get fit. Lets inspire some people!
  • lisatorresciesla
    Options
    Has anyone tried Isagenix? I'm currently doing the military diet and it helps me maintain but I'm still up and down. Also have thyroid issues and a few years ago had NAFLD with anemia. Pgilly...do you have PCOS? Insulin resistance and stress ultimately led me to bleed so heavily I needed a transfusion. Do they know why your anemic?
    Recently I gave my daughter maximum vibrance shakes and she lost weight like crazy, but she's 17...i'm 40 and not having the same luck so I was thinking to incorporate Isagenix. I see my friends loosing weight on it but I'm still very skeptical (mostly because they are a few years younger)
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem hypo thyroid now for 10 years. I'm cutting calories and eating very healthy food. I have huge abilities to exercise for hours but it just doesn't help me loose weight anymore. Cutting back on fatty, sugary foods is all that has helped. I'm trying to loose 12-15 by Dec. 7th..
  • lisatorresciesla
    Options
    Also I have a brother who has MS and follows Gary Null to the letter. One thing I learned is that before any diet is to cleanse w bentonite clay drink but drink lots of water because it stops you up. He also advocated fresh vegetable juicing. Mainly organic celery because it's a great detox. All great for your health but not sure if it will result in weight loss unless you replace a meal w a juice.
  • lisatorresciesla
    Options
    Me too! I use the elliptical for an hour and it only helps me maintain. What gives!?
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pgilly...do you have PCOS? Insulin resistance and stress ultimately led me to bleed so heavily I needed a transfusion. Do they know why your anemic?

Nope, No PCOS and they don't know why I don't absorb Iron. I've done more blood tests that I can remember and scoped up and down for biopsies and they still don't know. I manage it with iron supplements.
  • treshunter
    treshunter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can you add me to your group? I just joined MFP and having a goal like this would be a great motivator.
  • sandracrosby59
    sandracrosby59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I've been on Isagenix for almost 3 months. I'm 55 and don't exercise. I have a lightly active life, but 40+ hours a week are spent at work sitting at a desk.

In less than 3 months I've dropped 20 pounds and over 15 inches. And, the inches were in all the right places, diaphram area (back fat), waist, upper arms and butt. I love the product and feel great on the program. In that short time my cholesterol levels dropped from the very high levels to the high-normal levels. My energy has greatly increased and my outlook on life has improved. I give the credit to Isagenix.

I've recently hit a plateau, but with the help of my Isagenix coaches, I know what to change up to continue getting results. Let me know if you'd like to join Isagenix. I'd be happy to sign you up and share the amazing resources, experts, coaches and support group that I have backing me.
  • jaimelee93
    jaimelee93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes I want this too, if there is a group add me. We can all do it together!
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thyroid problems, jobs, being tired; they're all excuses. Just put in the work and eat the right amount of foods and you can make any progress you want. Many people make goals for themselves to lose a certain amount of weight, shoot for a few lbs a month until your happy and then maintain that weight. Cutting too drastically will affect a lot more than just your appetite (hormones, muscle tissue, emotions)
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Would u like to join my group? Its been really hard to even lose 1 lb due to the fact that i have hypo thyroids. So if u r in the battle i am in, lets help each other out. Thanks and God Bless

If it's hard for you to lose 1 pound, then 15 pounds is a lot before Christmas. Why not 5 pounds? Nice and steady and will set you up on the right path for next year.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    15 pounds in 38 days? Not a realistic goal. :\
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    kjarvo wrote: »

If it's hard for you to lose 1 pound, then 15 pounds is a lot before Christmas. Why not 5 pounds? Nice and steady and will set you up on the right path for next year.

+1 seems a bit agressive and unrealistic given your statement. If you do intend to lose 15 then make sure you know why it will fall off at this rate.