43 lbs lost in 3 weeks

Options
1235»

Replies

• ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job! Keep pushing yourself, keep the focus and keep the faith... Calorie counting works and whilst the loss will slow down at some point you can keep losing. Don't give up if it slows or you don't lose some weeks, you'll get 'a whoosh' further down the line and, like this time, lose more than expected. Good on ya for the progress to date, truly awesome. These stories are the best part of MFP!
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I had also contemplated surgery at some point and am now glad that didn't work out. Started my journey in April of this year at 530 lbs. I was just weighed this Friday at my doctor's office at 424 lbs. Keep at it and you'll get there without the surgery.
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! Keep up the good work!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience - I am so impressed with your determination and success! YOU CAN MEET YOUR GOALS!
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Excellent, Roger!! Good for you, and way to be an inspiration to others!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm impressed with your accomplishment and your attitude! Seems like it will be a lot healthier in the long run to keep up your no-surgery strategy. Congrats!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Keep it up! My understanding is that what you're doing now is relatively easy compared with the surgery, which is still calorie reduction plus a host of other challenges. I'd really encourage you to stick with it. There's tons of help and support here. We're all rooting for you!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Keep going Roger - you have shown phenomenal determination!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I think we're going to be reading a lot more about your journey. You've started off great and have the mindset to continue. Good for you! Congrats on the weight loss so far too.
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. In case you haven't see my other post. last week I weighed in at 496. 52 lbs in 4 weeks and first time under 500 in 6 years. I go back to doctor next Tuesday, and I am hoping for 473 or under. 473 would be 75 lbs in 6 weeks. I will do an update post Tuesday night. Again, thats for all the comments, advice and just plain love. I really appreciate it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!