(Newly started) why did you start? your journey

Options
13»

Replies

• fat2fit4good
    Options
    I actually have this list on my weight excel sheet... just copied and pasted it:
    knee pain
    sleep apnea
    snoring
    high cholesterol
    high blood pressure
    clothes don't fit
    stretch marks

Mind you, I have been working out all along too... For me, the ONLY way is to decrease food intake... MFP is awesome for that
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I really have no excuse to be over weight. No kids and normal work hours. I'm turning 24 in December and before I reach 25 I want to be in shape! 20's are the age where you should be able to wear whatever you want!! ahaha
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I want to get treated better at work.
  • cacri
    cacri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cacri well done hun that's excellent :smile: so happy for you keep up the good work:) xx

Thank you. I know my weight loss is not amazing but I haven't lost weight before, so yeah!!! :D
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    hmmm.. original it was just being unhappy in my life. I was tired of living life in a video game and not in the real world. I wanted to have adventures, go exploring, be amazing in real life... not just virtually.

I did that. Then I got pregnant back to back, gained weight (40lbs on a 5'10 frame), was dumped for not being pretty enough before my second was a year old.. even though I was working out and eating right (but breastfeeding and not sleeping due to an ill infant).

The baby turned one, I stopped breastfeeding, I took my routine to the next level and the weight was gone in a couple of months. I then lost some more on top of it and got in the best shape of my life.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    because it was that or kill myself.
    Same. I have struggled with depression for a long time and my weight wasn't helping. I used to think about it near-constantly.

The actual last straw? Needing to buy new bras but being unable to wear my brand because I needed a 40" band. I'm down 21 pounds now.

My goal is 130, but I haven't been 130 in so long that I'm not sure what the actual weight will be. Maybe I'll look better at 135 or 125. It's a surprise!
  • cacri
    cacri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the light bulb moment for me was trying to buy new jeans and realising I kept going a size up and another. The fitting room had mirrors all around and of course I had the chance to take a long look at myself -not the self that I had in my mind but the real one.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    thanks for everyones message sorry not got back to everyone but read all everyones storys and us done so well and cacri thats how i feel too keep going up sizes everytime i go shopping no more
  • jmido
    jmido Posts: 18
    Options
    I thought the new health app on the iphone was cool so i got a fuelband to track my activity and downloaded myfitnesspal to track my eating. I already love to run so i figured id just try to get a little healthier and improve my run times some.