The "Undress"

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @BFDeal great idea for people who exercise outdoors where there are no toilets or changing facilities as it can be used to change from regular clothes into exercise clothes. or from a wetsuit/swimming costume into dry clothes as there are often no facilities on a beach.

... when I strip out of my wetsuit, I just take it off. Let the world see my hairy, lube slathered chest. When I drop the jammers, just put a towel around your waist.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OK, Carl. Stop it! That is just not right. I am a male. I am over 40 years old too. And nobody wants to see us naked. NOBODY! So, at the very least, go some place relatively private, wrap a towel around your waist, drop your trunks and pull up some dry pants, and then drop the towel. Or put yoga pants on over your wet suit and live with the dampness for a bit. Your behavior is just not right....I am not surprised people are speechless.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'd clap for Carl.
    Slow clap.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Superman could use this since phone booths are near extinct
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the back stage of a theatre. I have no modesty and no need for something like this.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    My solution has been to slouch down and change quickly in my car.

Though having had a proper look, it seems a good idea. Not sure how it would stand up to the wriggling ministry of silly walks jumping of westuit removal though.

Haha! Wonderful description of that. . . Monty Python and all!

I guess one could just use a normal full skirt? That's what I often do at the beach because I dislike using the usually dirty changing rooms. :)

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    OK, Carl. Stop it! That is just not right. I am a male. I am over 40 years old too. And nobody wants to see us naked. NOBODY! So, at the very least, go some place relatively private, wrap a towel around your waist, drop your trunks and pull up some dry pants, and then drop the towel. Or put yoga pants on over your wet suit and live with the dampness for a bit. Your behavior is just not right....I am not surprised people are speechless.
    haha! - you can't be serious! You're - you're serious aren't you?! I'm speechless. I'm going to go out immediately and buy a bathing machine straight away.

• cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    I regularly swim with friends off a harbour slip with tourists walking by regularly. When I'm done I just walk back up the slip, drop my trunks and dry off and get dressed. On-lookers are usually too gob-smacked to say anything and I'm usually too high on endorphins to care! A dressing robe would just slow down the process of getting dry and dressed which brings me ever closer to hyperthermia so I don't care too much about being seen "undress"ed in public.

Why is it that the people that undress in public are never the people you want to see naked?

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I would never be able to change my bra using that. It's all good and dandy if you don't wear heavy duty workout bras and heavy duty regular bras. Or can wear the uni-boob bras they're showing in that video, but it wouldn't work for me.

I wear 28FF /30G bras, I'll let you know how it works when mine arrives :)

Please do, I'm roughly the same size. I feel like my boobs would pop out under the sports bra if I tried to thread the cloth under the underwire.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    tufel wrote: »
    haha! - you can't be serious! You're - you're serious aren't you?! I'm speechless. I'm going to go out immediately and buy a bathing machine straight away.

It's actually illegal to be without pants/bottoms in public so if a cop ever sees you, you could be arrested.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    @BFDeal great idea for people who exercise outdoors where there are no toilets or changing facilities as it can be used to change from regular clothes into exercise clothes. or from a wetsuit/swimming costume into dry clothes as there are often no facilities on a beach.

... when I strip out of my wetsuit, I just take it off. Let the world see my hairy, lube slathered chest. When I drop the jammers, just put a towel around your waist.

But what if you have no hairy lubey pecs to flaunt, but hairless semi-inflated balloons hanging from a nail? What then?

• dbmata
    Options
    Rock em like you grew em.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    It's actually illegal to be without pants/bottoms in public so if a cop ever sees you, you could be arrested.

Could you cite a legal reference to the assertion you make above? In the UK, the law states it is illegal for a male to display his member in public but makes no reference to being bottomless. There is no rule regarding females. So, so long as you are facing a wall when you drop your swimmies to towel off and get dry clothes on, no police officer is ever going to say or do anything, unless you are being exhibitionist or indiscrete - in which case it would be for breach of the peace rather than exposure. At a local swimming site, people are used to seeing people in various states of undress - well they are in Cornwall UK anyway :-)
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Why would one need to change in public? Is this really something that comes up THAT frequently?

In some lines of work, (eg: Superhero), yes.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    likewise for yoga in the park etc or a run before work and there are no facilities to get changed in.
    So no shower after that long run huh? I feel sorry for the people you work with.

as if having your own personal changing tent is the only solution to that??