Hints for low carb breakfast for travelling?

Options
I am leaving on a family trip next week and need to take a low carb breakfast with me on the plane. I so far thought of cheese, hard boiled eggs, a few nuts, now I, m stuck, and we have to wait at the airport for 2 hours before we leave so there's no refrigeration for it either and I was hoping to have it on the plane as we leave at 7am.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard of people making "minute muffins" with almond or coconut flours and flax meal. Those seem like they would be pretty shelf-stable for your trip. You can google recipes, there's a bunch of different ones out there.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Cheese & HB eggs won't go bad overnight, and definitely not in just a couple of hours.

If you're concerned, maybe you could get a giant cup of ice from a food place and stick them inside it for a while.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I love the muffin in a minute but it's not so awesome when it's cold, IMHO. I have to eat mine while still warm. Have you looked into some low carb protein bars? They are my go-to breakfast at work and when I'm traveling mostly because they are darn convenient. Atkins has some really good ones that are available in most stores.
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love sardines, and stuff like smoked salmon, smoked oysters but didn't think the people around me would be pleased with my breakfast choice. Thanks for the ideas
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    When I travel like that I carry pure protein bars with me. That way I can make sure I eat and I have control. I have gotten them thru security in my carry on. Maybe you can find one that will work for you.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Bacon strips baked in the oven--fat drains away, strips are evenly cooked. Tastes great even cold and would go well with your HB eggs.
  • dianetackwell
    dianetackwell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    eggsalad and cottage cheese
  • NOD2014
    Options
    avocado