How often do you get on the scale?

Options

Replies

• WildOkapi
    Options
    I way myself multiple times a day out of curiosity about my daily fluctuation more than anything. I only log it the 15th of each month.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and track the fluctuations on my phone. I used to weigh every Monday, but then if I gained it frustrated me. Now I see trends in my eating (namely sodium) and then a slight gain, no more hating myself and giving up. I've always bad about knowing when my TOM was starting, now I know when I jump 5-7 pounds overnight, it's starting within 2 days. It's really helped me a lot!!
  • mugfilms
    mugfilms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Because of my work schedule I wake up very early in the morning and hardly think about the scale before I'm out the door. I'm in the habit now of weighing myself on my days off (when I get to sleep in a little) before I eat or drink anything. It's intermittent enough to see progress, yet consistent enough make sure I'm not ignoring it either. Days can occur anywhere from 2-5 days apart, depending. On the rare occasion that I get two days off in a row I'll just weigh in on the first day.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (as a way of convincing myself I'm on track lol) but my Friday mornings are the official weigh-ins. Those are the ones I log.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I know not weighing works for some people, but for me, it was a disaster. I just kept wearing my yoga pants and telling myself, "It's not that bad."

Then one morning, out of curiosity, I pulled out my dusty scale and got on.

And yeah, it was that bad.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Monday at 7am to see if I need to adjust my caloric intake
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but only add my weight to the website once a week.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for years now, so I just do it every now and then to make sure I'm still where I need to be. I basically do it randomly every few weeks or so when it comes to mind. The scale isn't really as meaningful or exciting to me now that I'm in maintenance. I used to check it every morning when I was losing.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Daily fluctuations drive me crazy… and I don't think they reflect true losses or gains… so I stick with once a week.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I check every morning and log only my losses on MFP. But I note my daily fluctuations on my phone. However since Nov 10 I haven't weighed myself as I am out of town. I am eating at deficit so I hoped I don't get a shock when I go home . my next weigh in is on 3 red Dec.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Twice a day, once when I wake up and just before I go to bed. I only log it once a week (on Sundays) and only log if there's been a loss. I have other apps that I use to chart my daily weight changes
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Logging it every morning. Recording it every week in MFP for tracking. Tbh, probably multiple times a day to see how much a meal makes me gain.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself every morning but only track my weight on friday mornings
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    every morning but I only log it on MFP once a week
  • TransTina
    Options
    I cant believe folk weigh every day! I weigh once a week maximum. I get discouraged by not losing anything otherwise
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm only weighed if I'm getting my medical at work... perhaps once a year.

I don't know what my weight is.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, using the Fitbit Aria wifi connected scale. I also log diet on MFP, monitor steps and activities on Fitbit, log blood pressure, sleep, body composition. I'm a bit of a data geek and look at all the trends and how they inter-relate. With daily weight measures It's important to look at trends and not get too bogged down in individual data points. I like trendweight.com and Hacker's Diet online for charts showing smoothed averages. I use Google Spreadsheets to bring it all together. See my blog: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every morning usually but only log the losses, something very exciting about seeing your weight not shifting for 3 days then suddently a lb has gone. It keeps me happy, i don't get obsessed and its a small pat on the back.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL every day at work, I'm a pretty compulsive person though...