Chocolate Cravings....ALWAYS

Options
So, although this kind of makes it seem "alright" to eat chocolate - it still has to be eaten in moderation.

I know that whenever I have cravings for something, it is typically chocolate. But I am tired of going for the bad chocolate and the ones filled with sugary goodness. So, I decided to make my own chocolate.

I went to Whole Foods the other day and got Green & Black's Dark Chocolate bars (85% cocoa), raw organic almonds, cranberries (unfortunately sweetened because that is all they had and I didn't feel like making another trip at Stop and Shop) and organic shaved coconut.

Melted the chocolate, threw a bunch of chopped up almonds, cranberries and coconut on that bad boy, drizzled some more chocolate over it and threw it in the freezer!

Took it out about 20 min later and broke it up to have some tasty dark chocolate "bark".

so good! a little bitter, but I love it! and very rich so you really can't have more than two of the pieces!

If you have a chocolate craving like I do, and for ladies especially during that time of the month, I highly suggest it!

I definitely feel better eating a small piece of that bark than eating a Reese's (even though I would much rather have that)!

Replies

• jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mmmm reese's.

I love making my own bark, and now that christmas is around, i'll be using crushed candy canes! yummy!
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    jstrun wrote: »
    mmmm reese's.

I love making my own bark, and now that christmas is around, i'll be using crushed candy canes! yummy!

Ooh great idea!!
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done on the homemade chocolate.
    I am a serious chocolate addict and decided to break the pattern of over indulgence byt going cold turkey and giving up completely in October - I called it Choctober. I ate no chocolate at all.
    I really feel like this helped me break the bad habit and now I "treat" myself to 2 squares of high quality dark chocolate in the evening and that's it.
    I like your idea of making your own though :)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works! About a month ago I switched to having 2 squares of dark chocolate every day and it keeps my cravings away like nothing else! Haven't had an urge to binge on sweets since I started. The difference is especially noticeable during my TOM.
  • into_fitness
    Options
    wow keeps your cravings away??? good to know!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Bark sounds yummy. I keep some dark chocolate kisses around for those cravings. With 20 calories a piece, I can easily fit 3 into my calories.
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yeah the dark chocolate is good becasueI know I'm going to have chocolate in the evening I don't "need" to eat any during the day and dark chocolate seems less "moreish" than milk chocolate somehow.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    What a good idea!!!!!! I think I am going to buy some dark chocolate tonight. For some time now I am always craving dairy milk chocolate. So hopefully having two pieces of this every evening will help.

Im literally at the gym to burn off my chocolate eating at night... :blush:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Lindt, it's got everything I need.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    This sounds really weird but when I crave chocolate (especially if it doesn't fit my calories for the day) I will smell some vanilla extract. It weakens my craving the more I smell it for some reason.

If that doesn't work I kind of know nothing else will, in which case I go out and buy me a 30gram serving of good chocolate. (Lindt or Frey)
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    could choc cravings be due to magnesium deficiency?
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I also use the strategy of 2 squares of Lindt dark chocolate, I also like the Lindt chocolate with a chili in it. I don't have it every day but I keep it in the fridge for when I want something sweet. I find it enough to satisfy the craving for chocolate.
  • into_fitness
    Options
    all great ideas - thanks! a little bit of dark chocolate can't hurt no bodyyyy :wink:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Of you use the search function there was a thread where people contributed all their solutions for chocolate cravings.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Bark is great with craisins,(dried cranberries), or raisins added in with the nuts.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    love the idea of making your own bark. Thanks for sharing, I don't know why I never thought of that before! :D
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I simply don't count chocolate as food. . .
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, it sounds delicious!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a bit of chocolate every day--for me, a life without chocolate isn't worth living! I really like the Godiva Dark Chocolate Mint Pearls--a 'serving' is 8 pearls and has ~25 calories... that means even if I'm close to my calorie allotment I can always sneak a couple in!
  • into_fitness
    Options
    999tigger - sorry I'm brand new to this and thought that posting one single thread would be better for people to see my idea! I'll search threads next time though.