What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mini bagel, one egg, 1/4 avocado, pico de gallo sammich. Homemade.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A slice of Vegetable Sausage Frittata and 6 oz of skim milk. Or a cup of nonfat flavored Greek yogurt with 1/8 cup granola and milk.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Lavash (Middle Eastern Wrap)
    2 Eggs
    1 tbsp EVVO
    Ketchup

:D
  • TinaLynn155
    TinaLynn155 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A green apple and zen green tea!
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1 cup oatmeal and 2 cups of egg whites with 1/2 cup of blue berries. :smile:
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup almond milk, mandarin orange and green tea :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I had 330g 4% cottage cheese with pumpkin and a serving of Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal mixed in it. I've had approximately the same thing for weeks now, it's so good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I find that I am very satisfied with my usual low calorie breakfasts. I eat FAR more calories at lunch and dinner.

Today I had a slice of wheat toast thinly spread with apricot jam, hard boiled egg, and cup of coffee w/ a small amount of milk.

Frequently I make my version of fridge oats. Overnight I refrigerate 1/8 c quick oats, 1/4 tbsp ground flaxseed, 4 oz plain Greek yogurt and 1/3 to 1/2 c fruit. Mix & eat in the AM. Yesterday I used a cooked-down blend of strawberries and rhubarb and that was delicious.

Another longtime favorite is a small sized flour tortilla 1-egg soft taco (with or without spinach) with a little bit of chipotle ranch dressing or salsa verde.

All of these clock in under 200 cal, and satisfy me really well from 7 am to 11:30 when I typically eat lunch. I know everyone is different though, and I'm sure I would need a larger breakfast if I did not have a chance to eat lunch until later like 1-2 pm.
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast food" does not satisfy me until lunchtime so I usually have dinner for breakfast. This morning I had left-over KFC grilled chicken breast with green beans and brown rice.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'd take your first breakfast, switch out one piece of toast for some fruit, and then eat that.

Today I had two scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, some grape tomatoes, and coffee mixed with 1 cup 2% milk.

My general breakfast template is the coffee with milk, a protein (eggs, yogurt, or cottage cheese), and fruit or veggies. Sometimes I add bacon in there too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess the key point you are recommending is to swap out one slice of bread with a piece of fruit = bread is loaded with "bad carbs", whereas I need to ensure that I have at least one serving of fruit / vegetable to start the day.

I can definitely live with one less slice of bread! :smile:

And judging by your breakfast, you definitely aren't loading up on any "bad" carbs.

I'll try it later in the week, on a day when I can't fight my craving to have eggs.

Yeah I know that in the past when I had toast I always had two slices at a time. For whatever reason I felt like it had to come in pairs, like shoes :smiley: I don't eat a whole lot of bread right now (recovering bread addict) but it is nice to have with eggs so I can see still wanting to keep one slice.

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites, home fries, and bacon.
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    100 cal english muffin
    2 egg whites
    1/2 slice of cheese
    coffee (no sugar, no cream)
    water

204 cal
  • HealthyIrishLass
    HealthyIrishLass Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:
    2 eggs griddle cooked in a lite spray of coconut oil w/a little dollop of home-made guac & Cholula on top, 1pc Ezekiel toast w/organic butter.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to the traditional breakfast foods (eggs, milk, bananas, wheat/gluten) and I don't eat pork, so I normally have Turkey sausage and 30-40gr cashews instead. Sometimes, if I have time I fry up a hashbrown pattie. I don't eat fruits or veggies for breakfast normally- they don't fill me up like protein does and apples on an empty stomach make me nauseated. It's portable and gives me protein, fats, carbs and fibre so I count it as a healthy, balanced start.
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Half dozen eggs and four to six slices of Ancient Grains bread. Yum!!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Monday : Porridge (usually a sachet of Alpen or Speical K) made with water and a squeeze of sweet freeom syrup
    Tuesday : 100g low fat greek yoghurt with 20g granola mixed through
    Wednesday: serving of overnight oats (usually a brownie batter recipe I found on dashingdish.com)
    Thursday: 2 scrambled eggs with pepper and sweet chilli sauce and two crispbreads
    Friday : greek yoghurt and oat pancakes with raspberries and sweet freedom..

I used to avoid breakfast..and I still can't eat it straight away in the mornings but since making a concerted effort this month, I've lost 5 lbs...go figure..anways..now I do love breakfast!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    20 oz of coffee
    1/2 cup plain 0 fat chobani greek yogurt
    1 tbsp honey
    1/4 c raspberries
    6 walnut halves
    1 english muffin with 3/4 tbsp of butter

455 calories.

I usually eat the yogurt or the english muffin but I did an hour at the gym at 10pm last night and woke up starving.
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've found that Greek yogurt, a small scoop of peaunut butter, some crushed peanuts and pine nuts, and a cup of berries have helped me to stay satiated longer. don't feel as snacky mid am. it's a little higher in calories but then I don't feel as hungry at lunch so it balances out.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Two jumbo eggs fried over medium in real butter, 2 strips of very thick bacon, pan fried. 16oz coffee with 2 tbsp heavy cream.

500ish cals

ETA: I only eat two "meals" per day, so my breakfast is never earlier than 11am and sometimes as late as 2pm. I may have the coffee earlier (I am up at 6:15 every weekday and most Saturdays), but the food is nearly always later.