Unexpected NSV/Neck

Options
NaomiJFoster
NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
I had a completely unexpected thing happen today.

Well, when I was at my heaviest, the thing that really spurred me to lose weight was the way my face and neck started looking. I knew I'd gained there. And when I started losing, I saw it there first. But I didn't realize how significant it was.

I have a choker necklace that used to fit perfectly and I wore it all the time. Then it got too tight. Like almost actually choking me. So I stopped wearing it. I put it on today, just to see. It actually dangles to my collarbone.

I'm aware of how weight loss works, I know it's not only about making my belly get smaller, I know weight forms and dissipates on the entire body. Still, I think many of us think mostly about our belly, hips, buns, thighs, upper arms. But the fact is that it's a full-body experience. I guess this was just a very tangible way for me to see that.

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's a great visual to show you how far you've come... nice work! :+1:
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    awesome!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, i noticed my collarbones for the first time a couple of weeks ago and got excited lol!
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I put on a turtleneck for the first time this winter and it didn't feel like it was strangling me all day like it did last year!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I noticed the weight loss in my neck most as well. I used to look like a head with shoulders, now I have a neck. Who knew?
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    it's unexpected things like that that often mean more to me than numbers on the scale. even the mirror can trick me... even at 40 lbs down, sometimes i look in the mirror and don't see anything different. but when i see how things (from clothes to jewelry etc), progress can not be denied! awesome nsv. :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    sarahsedai wrote: »
    it's unexpected things like that that often mean more to me than numbers on the scale. even the mirror can trick me... even at 40 lbs down, sometimes i look in the mirror and don't see anything different. but when i see how things (from clothes to jewelry etc), progress can not be denied! awesome nsv. :)

40 pounds down is where I am too! Congrats to you. It's a great place to be.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone.

And now, laugh at me...I was actually a little irked that my choker was too big and looked weird. Irked at losing weight? What is that about? Ha ha!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Great progress :)

I noticed in my hands and feet and small areas a lot before I noticed my weight loss anywhere else, and it was definitely a strange experience!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    For me, the muscles in my throat are very prominent now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!