garcinia cambogia thoughts?

Options
i just wanted to know anyone thoughts on this product, i know its probably just a fad like everything else and there no magic pills. but i am slightly persuaded buy success story's regarding this product.

and it doesn't seem to have any negative health effects of harmful chemicals that could effect my health.

has anyone had any good or bad experience with this product.?

i know i will get to where i want with what i am currently doing, but if i can loose even 5 pounds with it, it would be a bonus.

Replies

• cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tried it and didn't see any results. That's just me personally. I saw results with OxyElite Pro...but that's currently off the market now. However, there is a supplement called EpiBurn Pro, which is similar to OxyElite Pro, and I have seen results with that. As always, if you decide to take a supplement, make sure you are buying it from a reliable source, for example, GNC. Also, make sure you get plenty of exercise, water, rest and healthy eating while taking any supplement. Again, these are all just opinion. I'm no medical expert ;) Good luck to you!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    I tried it and didn't see any results. That's just me personally. I saw results with OxyElite Pro...but that's currently off the market now. However, there is a supplement called EpiBurn Pro, which is similar to OxyElite Pro, and I have seen results with that. As always, if you decide to take a supplement, make sure you are buying it from a reliable source, for example, GNC. Also, make sure you get plenty of exercise, water, rest and healthy eating while taking any supplement. Again, these are all just opinion. I'm no medical expert ;) Good luck to you!

I love MFP....

Mix in a caloric deficit with the bolded and you have a can't miss plan.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    On fire with DP's today.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    A food scale would do you better. If you want candy, get some from the dollar stores and save some money.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Let me guess.....users ate less and moved more, then took a pill and whallah! They lost weight.

Just drop the pill part....eating less and moving more is all you need. They pill just lightens your wallet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    No different than paying for a tarot card reading when it comes to weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Its a fad and just another one of Dr. Oz's miracle cures. A caloric deficit is really the best bet. If you notice- pretty much all the fat loss pills say "in conjunction with diet and exercise" so what really made the person lose the weight? Most likely the diet and exercise.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    It's safe to take if that's any help!!!!!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i figured the consensus would be no,
    i was more interested in the success stories ware they did no diet and exercise because thats the only way it would show that it was the pill that worked not the diet.

i already am dieting and exercising just wondering if i would give a Little boost

i don't like supplements they make me feel like crap, but this one didn't seem to have many reported side effects.

ive also never done a colon cleanse always wanted tot try it. and by the way i know dr. oz is a quack i didn't her of it fro him.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    i was more interested in the success stories ware they did no diet and exercise because thats the only way it would show that it was the pill that worked not the diet.

i already am dieting and exercising just wondering if i would give a Little boost

i don't like supplements they make me feel like crap, but this one didn't seem to have many reported side effects.

ive also never done a colon cleanse always wanted tot try it. and by the way i know dr. oz is a quack i didn't her of it fro him.

So basically, you want to hear success stories so that you can justify taking something that even you admit is totally bunk.

Got it.

A colon cleanse isn't going to help you with fat loss, either. But, hey, if you find a success story, go for it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

A colon cleanse isn't going to help you much either. They are just overpriced laxatives and the results are temporary. Plus you have no reason to cleanse your body if your kidney and liver are working fine. They are your natural "cleansers"

If you aren't losing weight it may be time to re-evaluate your calorie intake.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There aren't any pills that are capable of putting your body in the state it needs to be in order to burn fat. A calorie deficiency is needed and pills can't create this process.
  • kangaroux92
    Options
    thanks for the impute

i am loosing weight, its a little slow but more progress than ive ever made in the past.
    by no means am i dissatisfied.

just curious about the product.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

I'm not sure you will hear any success stories of people losing weight using the supplements - in fact I am certain.

There will people who have lost weight at the same time as taking the supplements but that will be because they are also reducing their calorie intake and losing weight by eating in a calorie deficit.

Studies have shown categorically that the product DOES NOT work!

Sorry - no quick fix.

But as I mentioned above, if you still want to blow your hard earned cash on them then do so. At least the product won't do you any harm - it just wont do you any good!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Well, if it helps, garcinia cambogia gave me explosive diarrhea so you might be able to kill two birds with one stone. :laugh:
  • kangaroux92
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Well, if it helps, garcinia cambogia gave me explosive diarrhea so you might be able to kill two birds with one stone. :laugh:

yiks ok good to know
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Check the reviews on WedMD, many of them are kinda scary