Options

Replies

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Wawa
    Yes wawa hoagies are better than Subway. Subway sucks. Publix hoagies are better, a hoagie from any pizza/sandwich shop in the north is better and Jersey Mike's hoagie done Mike's way is better! Nuff said. Subway is a lame excuse for a sandwich :)

ETA: cannot forget Cappriotti's!

PUBLIX--OH YEAH
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Well I guess refinement of palate, like taste itself, is subjective.

I am not a food snob - if I I like something, I like it - it doesn't have to meet an upper class standard before I do.

In the pantheon of sandwiches, subway doesn't even make the cut. And the fact they got bullied by that moron the food babe speaks volumes about the company
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    The interesting thing is that different people like different things. Don't like Subway? Don't eat there. Don't proselytize about it.

This is incorrect. No one like subway, if they do they are confused

I like Subway.
    I am not confused.

Have bought Subway at various places in Australia and once in New Zealand, was tasty at all of them ( except the New Zealand one didn't have beetroot and thought we were weird for wanting beetroot on sandwiches - but that's another story :) )

I don't care how much gluten is in the bread, I do not have coeliac disease nor gluten intolerance so that is a non issue for me.

PS: not sure if OP is serious or this is an attempt at humour.
    Doesn't seem sensible enough post to be serious, but not getting the joke if humour.

Option 3: Trolling

Option4--Likes to start posts that lead to debates/arguments
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    They've got a gluten-free bun that my daughter likes so we go sometimes. Wrong, right, good, bad, whatever... I get a big hug and a thanks dad so we go with or without your approval.
  • jfritschie87
    Options
    I worked at Subway through high school and college and then became a manager for a few years after. Believe me, I ate a LOT of subway (because hey, it was free) although I ate more salads than actual sandwiches. I lost a bunch of weight and kept it off during those years by eating a sandwich for lunch and a salad for dinner (on split shifts). Subway sandwiches CAN be made healthy, but depending on your own personal preferences, may not always be the tastiest. The healthiest of course would be a veggie salad (or grilled chicken if you want meat) with spinach (no lettuce), all the fixings (light on the black olives and pickles due to sodium content) and olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or red vinaigrette), or mustard/honey mustard as dressings. I also like pepper and oregano on mine. For sandwiches, if you are going to do bread, ask for a kids size OR take the top off and do an open faced sandwich! Veggie, grilled chicken, turkey are good ones to choose from. No cheese! If you do choose cheese, mozzarella is a good choice. Use the same veggies and dressings that I listed for the salad. For sides, choose water or unsweetened tea, and an apple :)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The Subway 6" meatball was my secret shame. Now I avoid it due to the astronomical amount of sodium. I love Jimmy Johns, Togo's, and Big Town Hero but also have to avoid them due to the salt content. One can recreate an amazing sandwich at home using low sodium turkey, high fiber bread, lots of veggies for toppings and olive oil mayo.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    the smokey bbq pulled beef sandwich I had yesterday suggests otherwise
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Well I guess refinement of palate, like taste itself, is subjective.

I am not a food snob - if I I like something, I like it - it doesn't have to meet an upper class standard before I do.

In the pantheon of sandwiches, subway doesn't even make the cut. And the fact they got bullied by that moron the food babe speaks volumes about the company

I dont know who that moron the food babe is -
    but, nevertheless I quite like Subway. :)

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like Subway, because it makes its competitors' offerings seem even better, just by existing with its Subpar quality.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I like Subway.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Subway sandwich's are the worst sandwich you can buy.

If you think they are good, you are wrong

I CONCUR.
    Even Michael Phelps said that once he actually tasted one...
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Wawa subs are definitely better than Subway. Zero's are pretty good too, here in VA. Unfortunately, the only time I had a Firehouse sub, it was terrible. It was roast beef brisket or something and was full of fat and gristle. Haven't been back since. I used to adore Scholztsky's. I love that funky round bread (muffalleta??)
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    12" Spicy italian, toasted, double provolone

Lettuce, tomato, pickles, hot peppers, O&V is pretty damn good
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I occasionally have a Subway. I don't mind it. But I'm in Australia and we're practically a 3rd world country when it comes to sandwich places. If we had a Jimmy John's, I'd walk over broken glass to get there.
  • girl_w_2_forks_and_a_knife
    Options
    Subway is gross to me. I stopped eating there about a year ago. Something about the taste...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Their bread is a waste of calories.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Their bread is a waste of calories.

And that's where most of the calories are. They're pretty stingy on the meat.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Wawa
    Yes wawa hoagies are better than Subway. Subway sucks. Publix hoagies are better, a hoagie from any pizza/sandwich shop in the north is better and Jersey Mike's hoagie done Mike's way is better! Nuff said. Subway is a lame excuse for a sandwich :)

ETA: cannot forget Cappriotti's!

The bobby
    Yesss that is my favorite!

They do not have Cappriotti's near me in Orlando, so I make them myself with Thanksgiving leftovers every year now since I moved here.
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always liked subway if fast food is my choice, and I love the new chopped salads they do, I have an egg allergy so always ask for a clean knife, and always get the real chicken breast in my salads. my only complaint is the lack of egg free dressings, I end up with the franks hot sauce for my salad
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind subway. There's a pretty nice one by me.
    Actually though, I like Wawa.