HELP - Need a book with recipes, grocery lists, meal plans, and workouts?!

Options

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have a book at home that has healthy recipes and does the calorie counts. Message me and i can give you the name of it. I am not at home. It wont plan your workouts but might do the trick for your meals.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add what I wrote on another of the OP's threads.

"If you think you can't, your right."

Get off your duff and help yourself - stop waiting for others to spoon feed you knowledge and experience.

Try Google it works.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    I'm going to add what I wrote on another of the OP's threads.

"If you think you can't, your right."

Get off your duff and help yourself - stop waiting for others to spoon feed you knowledge and experience.

Try Google it works.

^^^^^^ MFP needs a "Like" button

• thcguy123
    thcguy123 Posts: 55
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sjaplo - just another example of posts that aren't necessary. If it doesn't have to do with a book suggestion then I don't need it on this post. Thanks though.

And google sucks - it has way too many options. You look up diet books and find 10,000 options. What I want is a good one that people here have experience with and that they liked. Not just a million random suggestions from google.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    thcguy123 wrote: »
    sjaplo - just another example of posts that aren't necessary. If it doesn't have to do with a book suggestion then I don't need it on this post. Thanks though.
    It's a salient point.

The inability to plan demonstrates an inability to execute.

I have a feeling the people here are wasting their time, which is why I hope you check back in within 6 months and show everyone that it's working. After you drop the 'tude of course.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I don't know, when I started I definitely needed more guidance than I do now. It's overwhelming at first, and I am still figuring it all out, piece by piece.

What about Weight Watchers, even for just a one month or three month trial? They have a "Simple Start" option with menus (which I never used but they have breakfasts, lunches, dinners) and they have lots of pretty common sense guidelines to follow, suggestions, etc... I suggest signing up for in-person meetings because 1) you'll get a paper starting packet and 2) their forums are scary, whereas I've always found the in-person meetings helpful.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

And google sucks - it has way too many options. You look up diet books and find 10,000 options. What I want is a good one that people here have experience with and that they liked. Not just a million random suggestions from google.

And why should anyone? - based on your posting history you'll just answer with; oh I can't do that, that's too expensive, that's too difficult or some other such excuse. (As you just did - google sucks huh? Amazon too I bet - oh wait that costs money. And you can't use the library, how convenient.)

I'm all for guidance and advice - the problem here is you don't really want it, you just want an excuse to shoot down ideas or suggestions.

Got news for you kid - it's a free internet - you have no control over what I post, just as I have no control over what vapid requests you throw out there.

My diary is open - feel free to nose around for ideas - but no one here should spoon feed you anything. Read, learn, experience and learn some more. Part of living is learning and one does that best through experience. Find out what works and what doesn't work for you.

Stop waiting for the magic pill.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    http://amazon.com/Mediterranean-Diet-Beginners-weight-mediterranean-ebook/dp/B00NVKCO6O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416411571&sr=8-3&keywords=meal+plan+books

Whew, that was hard! Good thing I have an advanced degree or two!

Actually, I just realized this book only has meal plans, not workout routines, grocery lists, etc. I'm afraid you may have to actually do some of the work yourself. Sorry.

I like you.

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I want to +1 the recommendation for allrecipes.comm - so many yummy recipes there!
    Foodnetwork.com also has some healthy and tasty recipies.

Here's one of my favorite meals to get you started:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-roast-chicken-recipe.html
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    http://amazon.com/Mediterranean-Diet-Beginners-weight-mediterranean-ebook/dp/B00NVKCO6O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416411571&sr=8-3&keywords=meal+plan+books

Whew, that was hard! Good thing I have an advanced degree or two!

Actually, I just realized this book only has meal plans, not workout routines, grocery lists, etc. I'm afraid you may have to actually do some of the work yourself. Sorry.

I like you.

because i'm all smart an' *kitten*?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

It was actually a pretty necessary and valid post.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I mostly get mine from Recipe Threads on other LC forums. For members by members. Even the Recipe Sub Forum here has some great ideas.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Try the book "Body for Life". It's pretty structured and you might have to modify the workouts if you don't have access to equipment.

Another thing I did was got a binder and started added recipes to it that I found interesting, healthy and easy to make. Get a tab and divide another section for groceries and from the recipes you make a menu for each week and form a grocery list. Then add another tab and go to websites like http://neilarey.com/workouts.html and print out the routines you like.

ETA: I just read you don't have a printer...so hand write everything you like and put it into your book! :smile:

Voila: you have a book of recipes, groceries and workouts!

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

And why should anyone? - based on your posting history you'll just answer with; oh I can't do that, that's too expensive, that's too difficult or some other such excuse. (As you just did - google sucks huh? Amazon too I bet - oh wait that costs money. And you can't use the library, how convenient.)

I'm all for guidance and advice - the problem here is you don't really want it, you just want an excuse to shoot down ideas or suggestions.

Got news for you kid - it's a free internet - you have no control over what I post, just as I have no control over what vapid requests you throw out there.

My diary is open - feel free to nose around for ideas - but no one here should spoon feed you anything. Read, learn, experience and learn some more. Part of living is learning and one does that best through experience. Find out what works and what doesn't work for you.

Here's the thing...the OP kinda wants all this spoon fed to him and is too lazy to do the legwork the rest of us had to do to figure it all out.

Losing weight takes works, motivation and time. If you're too lazy and make up excuses now, you'll never be able to keep it up in the long run

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Just because the book worked for someone here does not mean it will work for you. Go to amazon.com or walk into a bookstore and make your own choice based off of the food selections and type of lifestyle you have.
  • nicolerose347
    Options
    I have been doing the fitgirlsguide "28 day challenge". I am on my 24th day and down about 10 lbs. This isn't some type of diet. It shows you how to eat healthy on a daily basis. You don't have to be a female to do this. I see plenty of men who are involved in the challenge. The meals are amazing and this really helps you to see what you should be eating every day. They give you grocery lists for each week and have recipes for each meal. They show you exactly what you need to do. It's so easy. The only thing that may be a little time consuming is the meal prep. (The most it has taken me is an hour and a half- 2 hours. I did most of my meal prep on Sundays.) They also include exercises that can be done from home. If you want to take a look at pictures of some of the recipes, you can go on instagram and search "#fitgirlsguide" or "#28daychallenge". Here is a link to the website where you can buy the book. :-) http://fitgirlsworldwide.com/ I hope this helps!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've got one of those binders! Every time I was given a new stretch or exercise routine, I put it in there. I've got a kick-*kitten* pumpkin protein pancake recipe in there from my fitness instructor. We have those once a week at least.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Here's the thing...the OP kinda wants all this spoon fed to him and is too lazy to do the legwork the rest of us had to do to figure it all out.

Losing weight takes works, motivation and time. If you're too lazy and make up excuses now, you'll never be able to keep it up in the long run

You couldn't possibly know that. He wants recommendations from others so he comes to a forum and asks. Ooohh, someone call the authorities.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Yeah - you lost me here.

If a Google search is too much trouble, you'd be better off making smaller changes rather than going whole hog and changing your whole life in one fell swoop.

Eat less of what you already do, or switch to lower calorie convenience foods. Add in fresh and home-cooked foods gradually, and realize that you don't have to stop eating all convenience foods to lose weight. Or to be healthy, for that matter. Take the time to take an extra walk. All of that will get you started.

But, if you want a pre-done plan, you'll probably need to buy something like one of the Beachbody programs. To be honest, it's the only thing I can think of that has recipes, grocery lists, and workouts in one package.

If you're OK with just recipes and grocery lists, try the Flat Belly Diet. Ignore the 'science' in the book - it's a load of crap. And please do not do the initiation week - also a total load of crap and completely unnecessary. But the recipes are tasty, pretty easy to make, and created to be 400-600 cals per serving.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

You couldn't possibly know that. He wants recommendations from others so he comes to a forum and asks. Ooohh, someone call the authorities.

He doesn't just ask, he has an excuse for not doing whatever is suggested...not just here, but all over the forums. He wants a food plan, exercise routine, and grocery shopping list all laid out for him so he doesn't have to think about it. Sorry, but he's going to have to do some of the work himself.