Back fat/muffin top!! HELPPPP .___. (contains slight nudity)

Options

Replies

• nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You still have a lot of fat to lose. When you lose it, it will reduce all over.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    If it helps, I've got a perennial muffin top - even at 95 lbs I had one. I just started buying higher-waisted clothes that accentuated my little waist and made my hips look curvy instead of lumpy. Honestly, vintage styles are coming back again so you can totally get away with the look if you want to try it. I did also start doing tons of squats and deadlifts and it's helped round out the glutes so I'm more balanced looking. Good luck!

This. The cut of that suit is quite unflattering for your shape. A higher waist would smooth things out and accentuate the curve instead of cutting it in half.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If it helps, I've got a perennial muffin top - even at 95 lbs I had one. I just started buying higher-waisted clothes that accentuated my little waist and made my hips look curvy instead of lumpy. Honestly, vintage styles are coming back again so you can totally get away with the look if you want to try it. I did also start doing tons of squats and deadlifts and it's helped round out the glutes so I'm more balanced looking. Good luck!

That's what I was going to say - minus the vintage clothing bit. Find high-waisted bottoms and that will take care of the issue for now. For the future, keep on with the fat loss (that area will likely be the last to go, unfortunately), and take a look at Bret Contreras' Strong Curves for strength training.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    toss in some cable pull throughs, and hip thrusts, and ghds.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, that's about it. Also a suit that fits you properly. You can say it fits all day, but looking at the pictures...it doesn't. It's too small around the hips.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Have you ever tried hot yoga? Either moksha or bikram? Or even intense regular yoga / jock yoga? Check it out. It tones abs, side abs and back, and makes you more limber and flexible, and burns calories. If you did yoga on top of your current regime you may find an improvement in the muffin top sitch - I know I did, back when I was doing hot yoga 3-4 times a week. Good luck!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, it will be the LAST place you lose the fat. I'm maintaining, but I still have a slight muffin thing going on that is only noticable when I wear the wrong clothing for my shape. You can see the difference between your two photos - it's cutting into your hips and making it look way worse than it actually is. Take your time and find a flattering suit made for your body type.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lol... that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

OP - might be worth exploring a more suitable suit. You want the suit to be flattering, not detracting.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    g4rgezzngswc.jpg
    dbmata wrote: »
    lol... that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

OP - might be worth exploring a more suitable suit. You want the suit to be flattering, not detracting.
    Lol makes me laugh every time...

I'm with the calorie deficit and bigger size suit
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    take a look at Bret Contreras' Strong Curves for strength training

**this X 10***
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Congrats on your loss thus far. I know its hard to hear, but the honest truth is you need a different style suit bottom and a larger size. That suit is not baggy. Sorry. You've gotten excellent suggestions on lifting while you continue to lose, and I've no doubt youll have great success since you've cone this far. You have a lovely hourglass shape.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'll just say this too, there is far too much fabric.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    When you lose more weight, it will come off everywhere, including your problem areas. Just lose some more weight.

Buy clothes that fit. Those are a size or two too small.

If it's a suit, try a one-piece. That will smooth out and cover the problem areas.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    When you lose more weight, it will come off everywhere, including your problem areas. Just lose some more weight.

Buy clothes that fit. Those are a size or two too small.

If it's a suit, try a one-piece. That will smooth out and cover the problem areas.

^^Definitely this.

It will come off all over, trust me. You've already proven you can do it by losing 25 lbs, which is a serious chunk of fat.

What you'll be left with is your basic body shape, which may or may not change a whole lot, and you'll just have to try on lots of clothes to find out the styles that suit you best. Dress for how you are now, and love the body you have now. Before I lost weight, I had a cleavage to die for, and I loved it. Now I've lost weight, I'm pretty flat, but I love that too. I just wear different styles.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! I haven't read all the comments, but just wanted to say that I don't think it's the size of the suit that doesn't fit well, I think it's the *style* of that particular swimsuit bottom. That style doesn't flatter me either, never has, and I'm 114lbs. Maybe one with a fold down waist (like yoga-style, but on a swimsuit) or one that isn't such a low rise?
    I also agree that continuing with weight loss will help shrink the muffin. Just keep on keepin' on, you'll get there. :)
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    mrsmcmo wrote: »
    Great job on the weight loss! I haven't read all the comments, but just wanted to say that I don't think it's the size of the suit that doesn't fit well, I think it's the *style* of that particular swimsuit bottom. That style doesn't flatter me either, never has, and I'm 114lbs. Maybe one with a fold down waist (like yoga-style, but on a swimsuit) or one that isn't such a low rise?
    I also agree that continuing with weight loss will help shrink the muffin. Just keep on keepin' on, you'll get there. :)

I was about to go crazy if I heard another "size is to small." If I would have took the picture from the side you would have saw the loose fabric. The swim suit is in fact the wrong style for my muffin top. Even in its proper placement on my body (not in the pictures, they go higher) They still make my love handles quite noticeable. So thank you :) I'll definitely try weights and yoga and some other stuff listed.

As for those I confused with my wording. I in fact do know that you can target fact. What I meant was exercises that target the muscles in that general area (my back) to help tone the muscle or "build muscle."

I did put swim suit a a bit lower to show my love handles without the swim suit getting in the way sorry for any confusion. I do know how to dress my body (well kinda haha,) I definitely wear mid to high rise jeans to flatter my curvy-ness

Thank you for all your guys help
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you just need to keep losing more weight.
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have an hour glass figure also, I always thought it was a good thing. Embrace it and be proud of the 25lbs you have lost, a little extra on the bottom... some people cant get that :)
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't think you need to loose any more weight , but I do think you need to hit the gym, or do home exercises to get toned. I'd advice squats, and I think there are beachbody programs that target middle section. Give them a look even on youtube and try out some exercises to see what works for you.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Anyway , in my opinion you did great , so well done for that , keep up the good work.