Guy at gym asked me for help today...

Options

Replies

• Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Options
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    I was walking by his bench...there was no one else around. He had clearly done several sets already. He asked me to spot him.

Was he hitting on me?

If he'd already done those other sets, why ask me now other than he was clearly attracted to me...right?

That's my move usually but now that you know of it I'll have to come up with something else.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    idgaf14 wrote: »
    I was walking by his bench...there was no one else around. He had clearly done several sets already. He asked me to spot him.

Was he hitting on me?

If he'd already done those other sets, why ask me now other than he was clearly attracted to me...right?

That's my move usually but now that you know of it I'll have to come up with something else.

Will you spot my hip thrusts?
    and by spot he means...
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    ahahaha
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

I can tell you now they look terrible. They do you no favors.

Don't do that anymore.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

I can tell you now they look terrible. They do you no favors.

Don't do that anymore.
    Do that some more.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've heard you get more power if you keep your glutes firmly planted on the bench. You should help him with this.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-30-at-111325-AM_zps22e69edd.png
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    well played, sir.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    It was just a matter of time
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I've heard you get more power if you keep your glutes firmly planted on the bench. You should help him with this.

^this
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

I wondered about that in all seriousness. Any way to stop my lower back from aching when I bench press? I press my back and glutes into the bench the best I can but is still have the pain. I press through it though, am I risking injury or will it just strengthen over time?
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I wondered about that in all seriousness. Any way to stop my lower back from aching when I bench press? I press my back and glutes into the bench the best I can but is still have the pain. I press through it though, am I risking injury or will it just strengthen over time?

Squeeze your glutes and release. Repeat in 1-2 second pulses throughout the exercise. That way, you know you're activating them and putting less stress on the back.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This made me think of the scene from Jacka$s where Knoxville spots that guy while sporting a fake hard on.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

qadhn31wy6w7.gif
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

and by spot he means...

be the weight
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Does this mean I should be getting erections every lifting session to get stronger?

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

Depends was he a 30 year old vintage cougar? If so, yes he wanted a piece of you. And probably to do it grandpa style since 30 year olds are vintage now. Don't break his hip.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Options

Was he hitting on me?

qadhn31wy6w7.gif

I.... no... just.... no... can't.... *walks out*
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Naw naw, he just knew you had ^ that girl added as a friend.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Can you spot me while I...um..yeah....