What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The breakfast that I have the most success with is scrambled eggs (1 whole 2 whites), fruit and coffee (with sugar and creamer). It works for me and makes things so much easier for my daily routine. On weekends I might have French toast or waffles, eggs and bacon.
  • cdamico1
    cdamico1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been having steel cut oats (1 cup) mixed with 1/4 c blueberries and 1 scoop protein powder and a splash of almond milk...OMG its so yummy!!! if I dont have time I have a protein shake...and I also eat on other days 1 whole egg mixed with 4 egg whites with veggies, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice of ezikiel bread with ff straw jam; I only have this 1 or 2 times a week...but it is filling and I find eggs really fill me up...and so does oatmeal. I make a batch of the oatmeal on sundays so I have it for the week. the whole key is planning...
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Harvest bagel from Trader Joe's with pumpkin cream cheese, plus two mini babybel cheeses, coffee with milk, a protein shake, an apple, and a partridge in a pear tree.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Coffee and pills. I'm ordered to take the meds on an empty stomach and wait at least 2 hours, so... I may have a snack at like 10:30 like a cup of oatmeal or a banana.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Western omelet, 2 eggs , thick bacon, cheddar, green and red pepper and one slice bavarian rye bread - 504 cal.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    oatmeal banana coffee
  • kelly39014
    kelly39014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cereal milk coffee and half n half
  • enicus91
    enicus91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and coffee. I usually can't stand oatmeal so I tried to mix up the recipe.
    1/2 C Oats
    1 C Vanilla Soy Milk (Lite)
    Dash vanilla extract
    Dash cinnamon
    Dash nutmeg
    Dash salt
    1 Tbsp peanut butter

Taste is fine, but the texture is what gets me about oatmeal. Maybe I'll add some dried fruit next time.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    2 over-easy eggs atop 100g baked acorn squash with 30g mole sauce. Breakfast nirvana. I use a corn tortilla toasted in broiler if no acorn squash for same kcal. 284 kcal of delicious.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This morning was granary toast with scrambled eggs, plus lots of tea.

Tomorrow morning I'm having porridge with chopped banana, almonds and cranberry.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Two jumbo eggs fried over medium in real butter, 2 strips of very thick bacon, pan fried. 16oz coffee with 2 tbsp heavy cream.

500ish cals

ETA: I only eat two "meals" per day, so my breakfast is never earlier than 11am and sometimes as late as 2pm. I may have the coffee earlier (I am up at 6:15 every weekday and most Saturdays), but the food is nearly always later.

Hmm.... When I am not dieting, I usually end up having days where my breakfast is 500 calories too.... I suppose it could be possible to maintain a 1500 to 1800 calorie diet day, if each meal was equally 500 to 600 calories.

If I was to eat thrice a day, I would cut down that breakfast likely to just 2 large eggs in butter and coffee. Would cut 160 cals off from the bacon. And the only reason it's jumbo eggs right now is: farmer's market fresh eggs! My usual grocery store ones are large.

And, let's call what I am doing dieting. I am 0.7lbs off 100 lost.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Today? Two pieces of turkey bacon, two scrambled eggs with hot sauce.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Mostly I eat a pack of oatmeal with a scoop of vanilla protein and flax seed with a cup of coffee. I have altered a friendship bread lately making it low fat, high protein & low sugar so I have been enjoying it with coffee & a protein shake for extra protein. Other times, usually on the weekends when I have more time to cook, I enjoy a spinach egg white scramble with feta cheese and a slice of multi grain thin bread or a scramble with green peppers, onions & eggs or eggs and mixed veggies. I also have over 50 chickens so I make a lot of hard boiled eggs & peel them in advance and grab them on the go to eat. All yum,
  • hrcc2000
    hrcc2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a green smoothie
    1oz avocado
    .5oz cream cheese
    1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder
    1 pastured egg
    frozen strawberries 3.0 ounces
    1 stevia packet

That's around 300 calories or so when I add in the coffee and 1/2 and 1/2.

Today I had 1.5oz roasted butternut squash pureed, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 5oz unsweetened almond milk. Heated to make it a porridge and topped it with a tablespoon of granola.
  • catceol
    catceol Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, tbsp. of peanut butter, tbsp. of dried cranberries. (overnight oats, eat them cold from the fridge).
  • metalheadjessus
    metalheadjessus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I often have banana and peanut butter on a slice of wholemeal toast, but recently I've taken to 100g low fat natural yogurt with either pomegranate (around 120 calories) or banana (around 270), sometimes with 15g almonds and 10g dried cranberries mixed in too (add 187). Both keep me satisfied until lunch.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    What I do with eggs is to try and make them as big as possible - i.e. I don't scramble them down into nothing but opt for poached most of the time to avoid unnecessary calories and fat in frying too. I'll then cook a load of small tomatoes, or a couple big ones in the oven for 15 minutes. This is either accompanied by one or two small slices of toast (55 kcal each) or followed by a bowl of around 30g porridge with water and some berries. I use a bit of sweetener to further sweeten, and avoid syrups and sugar. This comes to between 250 and 400 calories depending on what combinations of the above I decide to have based on my hunger and cravings that morning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Quest bar. Every day. Coffee. Bam
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, fruit and some nuts.