Just curious if this happened to anyone else (probably women??)

Options
My thighs have gotten smaller but my butt has gotten "bigger" (I assume from squats, etc.). It's making my pants fit weird. Work pants are alright typically but jeans are now a struggle. Did anyone else run into this situation?

Replies

• GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yep. Welcome to the fit family, where jeans are feared and leggings are KING! :-)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    When I started cycling to get around, I noticed that my legs got bigger, especially around the calves and thighs. This did not make me happy, since I already had big calf muscles and mine are low down, too, since I'm short. Finding tall boots has gone from a chore to a near-impossibility.

But, on the bright side, I can cycle longer distances without my legs getting tired. So there's that.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Similar to the poster above, I bought a bike and rode it whenever possible this summer, and started noticing that my jeans were harder to get off from my calves! (I'm ok with it though, because they look much better when not covered in fabric than they did before!)
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As someone with a big butt for my frame, I have struggled with this all my life, haha. Levi's are my friend. They're big butt friendly.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    I don't think mine has gotten bigger but it's stayed the same while everything else got smaller. So proportionally, it's worse than before.

Stretch jeans are your friend. Try brands like NYDJ that are also typically cut to be more generous in that area.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My thighs have gotten smaller and my butt has lifted which gives it the appearance of getting bigger.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    My problem is the opposite--I've been running, so my butt is very flat right now. I actually have calluses near my ischium from sitting at my desk chair all day. Guess I should do more squats.
  • segacs
    Options
    No worries on the butt thing, ladies. I'm sure Kim Kardashian is already working on her own line of jeans, if she hasn't released them already.

Big butts are all the rage right now.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You know, it might almost vindicate her existence if she did that.

My waist is 29 inches and my hips 45. I simply don't wear trousers any more and haven't been able to for yonks. Like another poster, my bum and thighs have stayed the same, but my calves and top half have got smaller.

On the plus side, I put my husband over my shoulders and walked around the kitchen with him this morning. Not sure when this will come in handy, but you never know.
  • segacs
    Options
    On the plus side, I put my husband over my shoulders and walked around the kitchen with him this morning. Not sure when this will come in handy, but you never know.

If the zombies invade, you can rescue him. So there's that.
  • sarahjane135
    sarahjane135 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tommy Hilfiger has been my favorite forever because they're made for bigger bottoms. They also hold up well and last for years.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Tommy Hilfiger has been my favorite forever because they're made for bigger bottoms. They also hold up well and last for years.
    Really? I have found Tommy Hilfiger jeans to fit slimmer than, say Old Navy, or other less expensive brands of jeans.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lots of brands do curvy styles

Also try high waist (especially ones where back is higher than front), bootleg and straight jeans ...but never skinny