I think I might be normal

Options
tonight was my sons 21st birthday family meal. 20 of us went out for dinner and I ordered similar to others. Steak pie chips and peas and an ice cream sundae with a glass of champagne to toast the birthday boy. I ate some of my main course but couldn't manage it all but did do justice to the ice cream. My mostly average weight family all kind of did the same. I went over my "diet" calories but I won't do tomorrow, or the next day. Everyone at that table ate more than they usually would tonight, but tomorrow they will go back to the usual routine that keeps them at normal weight. I'm one of them.

Replies

• JJ_27
    JJ_27 Posts: 19
    Options
    i definitely agree. sometimes you have to go over and it doesnt mean you're bad or that you've failed in any way or the diet's over. birthdays and celebrations are just a part of life and there's nothing wrong with enjoying them! :)
  • MPDredd
    MPDredd Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been going over my calorie count fairly often, of course I have it set to right around 1500 per day. (so if I don;t eat like a small child I go over my calorie count :happy: )

I have lost almost 50 LBS since February with a combination of completely changing my diet and adding 3-4 days of strenuous exercise. During that time I have cut caffeine from my diet and completely quit nicotine.

Don;t let the calorie count get you down, if you are under it most of the time you will do great!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your comments. Can't say I have reduced caffeine or nicotine because at the moment they are my crutch while I adjust. I was getting a bit silly with obsessing over calories though but now I'm trying to live like normal people