Low carb HELP

Options
I'm rebooting my low carb diet. I need some help with breakfast and lunch ideas. Also some snack ideas?! I don't eat eggs or fish due to their texture. Any advice would be great!

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    https://www.eatthismuch.com

Put in macro and cal needs aswell as foods not to use and it will spit out meals for you.
  • stephaniereid771
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate it!
  • gb122
    gb122 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I recently discovered paleo friendly cereals. So although I'm not on a Paleo diet, the grain free cereal really helps add a bit of variety to my breakfast. This is my fave http://www.planetorganic.com/po-paleonola-chocolate-bliss-350g-350g/20607/
    Also, try a protein shake? I take mine with Almond milk, scoop of protein, Chia seeds and peanut butter.
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Berries are pretty low carb, covered in high fat Greek yoghurt they make a good breakfast.
  • cozylove
    cozylove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, does your breakfast have to consist of breakfast foods? Try a lettuce wrapped sandwich or an open face sandwich on a Magic Pop crisp (they're only 3 carbs). Or enjoy a leftovers for breakfast. I made a meatza the other day and had some for breakfast a couple of times last week. Making another one tonight. Just some ideas
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Bacon

food of the gods
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    nuts with 10% fat greek yoghurt
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt with berries and sweetener. Egg muffins (scrambled eggs, veggies and meats baked in a muffin tin). I like low carb protein bars in the morning, I buy the Atkins ones.

Lunch: Tuna, mayo and diced cucumber. Deli meat and cheese wrapped in a low carb tortilla or a romaine lettuce leaf. A hamburger patty with a slice of cheese topped with salsa or tomato and lettuce. A green salad with turkey or chicken, cheese and veggies.
  • Running_In_Circles
    Options
    Beans and lentils! I am a vegetarian and I cannot say how much eating beans, lentils, and things like tempeh have helped.

Look at Kayln's kitchen (a blog) for idea. She is so freaking helpful.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Find a low carb, moderate protein protein powder and make breakfast shakes with unsweetened almond milk. There are a zillion different recipes out there. I always buy vanilla and then have unsweetened cocoa, PB2 and sugar free jello pudding mix on hand to make different combinations. Depending on how low carb you are (if you shoot for something like 20% from carbs) there are some good ones that add a little oatmeal. Right now I like pumpkin puree, some pumpkin pie spice, vanilla protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, a little heavy cream to up the fat content, and ice. So good and the pumpkin puree is fairly low carb because of the fiber content. Lowest net carb count I have found is the name brand one of Libby's.

Bacon
    Sausage
    For lunches you could have leftovers, lettuce wraps, bunless burgers, salads with regular dressing, toppings off a pizza, chicken wings (non breaded traditional chicken wings)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have to watch carbs because of my PCOS and family history of diabetes. I am borderline and my dad was diagnosed last year.

I search Pinterest for KETO recipes, not because I do the KETO diet but because they have some really satisfying low carb recipes. I've made the meatza twice and my family loves it. Pizza with a ground beef crust.
  • TransSylvania
    TransSylvania Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out ruled.me. The website is full of great recipes, a free 30 day plan, and lots of tools and resources. I've been using the diet for 2 months, and I'm down 14 lbs so far.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm rebooting my low carb diet. I need some help with breakfast and lunch ideas. Also some snack ideas?! I don't eat eggs or fish due to their texture. Any advice would be great!

Breakfast ideas:
    • Sausage and bacon with a side of berries
    • Plain Greek yogurt with honey and vanilla extract to add flavor with berries.
    • Make your own low carb protein muffins (recipes can be found on Pinterest)

Snack ideas:
    • Nuts, seeds
    • Beef jerky
    • Cheese stick
    • Veggies and hummus
    • Turkey and cheese rollups
    • Salad with avocado
    • Peanut butter and celery sticks
    • Edaname
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    ceviche is tasty and great for low-carb / weight loss
  • sdwis
    sdwis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to oven roast chicken legs or wing drummettes for breakfast. They taste great with coffee!!