Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone. :wink:
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    *hugs* Time and jumping into new hobbies help. Keep yourself busy =)
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Teenagers aren't the only people hurt by someone they love, wow

OP hasn't been hurt by someone she loves, unless that someone is herself. He's her ex. He's moving on.

What exactly is he doing wrong here?

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Telton66 wrote: »
    Few days ago , my ex that I was with and still in love with informed me that he is now dating another girl and he likes her a lot.It was one if the most painful things I ever heard.How can one get past this ...................:(

I read an article recently about the Law of F** Yes or No. This law states: only pursue people who are excited to be with you, and that you are excited to be with. After all, why would you want to be with someone who you constantly have to convince?

Here's the link if you'd like to look it over.

I've found this to be very true in my own life. I dated men who I wasn't particularly excited about but treated me well, or who I was excited about but who clearly didn't feel the same. When both parties are excited, when both say "F*** yeah!", you'll find that things get very, very easy and clear. There are no games, no rules, no waiting around, no insecurities, no angst, no wondering what's going on. It's extremely refreshing.

Finding someone who not only gave me butterflies, but who wasn't shy about letting me know about his own butterflies, has been astonishing and beautiful, and I would recommend that absolutely every human being wait until you find that. Don't settle for contentment, or worse, having to constantly chase someone down and beg them to stay.

If you don't feel a F*** Yes! and see an equal F*** Yes! on the other side, then just say No.

I love this and its so true. I've dated guys I wasn't that excited about and vice versa. Now I'm with someone I'm crazy excited about and he feels the same. It's the best relationship I've ever been in. We've had problems, but who doesn't. But I rather be with him through those problems than anyone else.

You're going to have to give it time and seriously keep him out of your life. No talking to him, no Facebook or other social media stalking. Don't stalk his current girlfriend. Just take a vacation from him and work on you. Things will get better. You work on you and someday when you least expect it someone a whole heck of a lot better will come along and all this crap you are feeling now will have been worth it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sseqwnp wrote: »

OP hasn't been hurt by someone she loves, unless that someone is herself. He's her ex. He's moving on.

You right he did nothing wrong. That is not the point of this post from OP.

• kreza98
    kreza98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Go to the gym! Dead lift!

Best advice!

• meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say there is a magic fix but there isn't. It just takes time. Stay busy, spend time with friends, go to the gym, get rid of (or at least put away) photo's and memento's.

This. I went through a painful breakup a long time ago, and honestly, the only thing that fixed it was time. Finding my own hobbies. "Finding myself" as cliche as that sounds. I still talk to him on occasion, but the pain is no longer there finally. (I also hid him from my newsfeed as I'm not interested in seeing him and his beau. :#)

• sseqwnp
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I wasn't replying to the OP
  • yopeeps025
    Options

In your reply you are talking about OP.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options

No one claimed he did anything wrong here. The OP stated she was still in love with her ex, and he was moving on and it hurt. Totally normal feelings if you haven't moved on yet. It is time to let yourself grieve and distance yourself from him so you can heal and move on yourself. It takes time, but it can be done.
  • sseqwnp
    Options

Wow. You have reading comprehension problems. Someone *else* said OP was hurt by someone they love. That statement is false. The Ex did nothing to hurt her by getting a new girlfriend. She just *chose* to be hurt over this. OP Hurt herself by being clingy.

Are you doing this on purpose?
  • yopeeps025
    edited November 2014
    Options

Wow. You have reading comprehension problems. Someone *else* said OP was hurt by someone they love. That statement is false. The Ex did nothing to hurt her by getting a new girlfriend. She just *chose* to be hurt over this. OP Hurt herself by being clingy.

Are you doing this on purpose?
    Did you quote the wrong person then. There is nothing about OP in that statement you quoted. Something wrong with my reading comprehension?

OP chooses to hurt herself. That is the first time I heard someone say it like this.

Also you reply to someone else talking about OP like you know her or something. Make some very interesting assumptions on the little OP she wrote.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I second doing other things. I also would recommend reminding yourself about all the bad times with said ex. After a while, it starts working and you stop pining.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    joining a cult usually works out well
    and eating a lot of Swedish berries
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It might hurt now but trust me, you will get over it. Try to focus on yourself, keep yourself busy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :(
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    its the realist approach. =) Trust me I'm a psychologist...forward works sometimes.
    Men and women are different, her heart is still tender, sometimes compassion is best thing you can give to another that's hurting <3

What the.... this is along the lines of the "give everyone an award so no one feels like they lost" malarkey that is wrecking all our children. It's real life. She needs to accept that he's moved on and deal with the pain. It happens, she'll come out stronger on the other side and find someone better. Eventually she'll look back and realize it was a good thing.

That women and men are different stuff really ticks me off.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    its the realist approach. =) Trust me I'm a psychologist...forward works sometimes.
    Men and women are different, her heart is still tender, sometimes compassion is best thing you can give to another that's hurting <3

What the.... this is along the lines of the "give everyone an award so no one feels like they lost" malarkey that is wrecking all our children. It's real life. She needs to accept that he's moved on and deal with the pain. It happens, she'll come out stronger on the other side and find someone better. Eventually she'll look back and realize it was a good thing.

That women and men are different stuff really ticks me off.

Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. They are different, see.

tumblr_mlwdpj3Je51s3qqquo1_400.gif