Changing my workout- help?

Options
Hi there,
I need a few workout ideas. I feel like I have hit a slump. I need to incorporate some weights because I have only done them twice this week (since Sunday) and I can likely only do one. One more session of weights. I am pretty fit. I workout about 5 days a week cardio and weights, I do cardio for at least 30 minutes. I run, elliptical, sometimes walk if I am too tired, etc. I also do yoga twice a week.

Please give me some advice. I have access to a gym and workout rooms as well as a tv in my apartment, thank you!!

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight/strength training are you doing currently?
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    What are your goals?
    and
    What kind of weight/strength training are you doing currently?
    Great questions!! Thanks for your response. I have about 10 or less pounds to lose, so I would like or lose some fat and gain some muscle, just a little, not a dramatic amount, I am currently not following a plan for weight training, but I have information on weight training so I know which muscles to work.

• I_Will_End_You
    Options
    I would suggest using a structured plan, like Stronglifts 5X5, that has you add weight each workout, and is made up of compound lifts. 3x per week, 3 lifts per workout.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I would suggest using a structured plan, like Stronglifts 5X5, that has you add weight each workout, and is made up of compound lifts. 3x per week, 3 lifts per workout.
    also add slight calorie deficit + time and consistency= Get that body you want
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions. How many reps is the strong lifts 5x5, and do i need to buy it, or is it online for free?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions. How many reps is the strong lifts 5x5, and do i need to buy it, or is it online for free?

5x5 means 5 sets x 5 reps I am pretty sure you do not need to buy this program. This program is all online.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Oh, I just thought that was the name of th program!! So it is three exercises with 5 reps and 5 sets? Got it!! Thank you!
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Oh, I just thought that was the name of th program!! So it is three exercises with 5 reps and 5 sets? Got it!! Thank you!

Except deadlifts, that's one set of five.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

• yopeeps025
    Options

Except deadlifts, that's one set of five.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

one reason i will never do that program. Deadlift is one of my favorite exercises and in my program the lowest amount of reps including warm up sets is 3 sets totaling 9 reps with last set being till failure.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

It's all online and they also have an app for it. I use it on my android phone. It's a great program.