Oh my god I'm losing it...(and NOT in a good way)

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    The post doesn't read like a troll to me.
    Or a 15 year old, to me, anyway.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    The post doesn't read like a troll to me.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10014232/gaining-weight-too-fast

User posted on Oct 31st (20 days ago) that she had just gained 10 lbs and that she is a recovering anorexic. She was trying to gain weight in that forum post, just not so quickly. Today she is trying to lose 10 lbs?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Hummm..... good sleuthing, britishbroccoli. OP said she's trying to regain control, though, not to lose per se.

You may have a way to go to reach a healthy attitude about eating, OP, but keep working your program. The comments about working out the stresses in your life through food merit contemplation.
  • catceol
    catceol Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound completely harsh: your not ready. Baby steps back to "normality" I would try firstly by eating 5-6 (or I prefer the traditional breakfast lunch dinner) small meals.
    Those spikes in sugar and cravings are nasty. Also google surfing the urge. Re evaluate why you want to have control. Open your diary! lol. Then we can really get to the nuts and bolts.
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything; i've tried distracting myself, drinking a lot of water, going for a run...none of it helps. I end up just eating what I want. Sometimes i'll even order the salad as a side instead of the fries....and then end up ordering the fries too once i'm done!! Or walk in front of a machine and HAVE to buy a kitkat...

(Emphasis above, mine.) Okay, the OP might be a troll, and I might be pegged an unsympathetic hard@ss, but you can't out-exercise a poor diet. Every decision, every day involves a specific choice. Until you decide you want to be healthier more than you want that candy bar or fries, you will continue this path.

Don't give up. Keep getting back on the horse, and good luck!

"Do. Or do not. There is no try." --Yoda

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you are burned out …I think we've all been there. It is like a runaway train. The counter of too much restriction in dieting is strong. I remember eating fried shrimp and fries..it was like an urge i couldn't resist. That is why this time.. i'm losing slow and eating food I like..and even going off a meal here and there. My hope is to not want to go off track when i get to goal.

At least you are weighing yourself and keeping track and not sticking your head in the sand, and asking for support here.

You can get over this hump!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Are you logging all of this?

Start by logging all of your food.

Keep logging your food. Don't just start with logging one meal and shine the rest because you ended up getting the fries and the shake. Keep logging.

Plan out your menus.

Make a shopping list.

Cook big batches of food and divide them up.

Plan fries and other fave foods into your diet. Measure and weigh everything. Even if you are going over on your calorie budget.

Pack all meals, snacks and drinks into your cooler and eat from there. Do this on your days off as well.

• Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Get back on track and keep logging your food to keep you accountable