Garmin & my fitness pal not syncing

Options
Hello... I am having issues with my Garmin and My fitness pal syncing... noticed it yesterday, I worked out at 4:30 am, downloaded info to Garmin connect, showed at the bottom of the page that according to Garmin/myfitness pal I had an additional 229 calories for the day.. but when I went on my fitness pal it did not show any exercise for the day... but at around 7:00 pm it finally synced and showed my workout calories.... Now I am having the same issue today, downloaded to garmin and I should have around 196 calories for exercise but it is not showing up on my fitness pal yet???? I have manually synced both sites numerous times...

Replies

• smerrill36
    Options
    Yep, same problem here.
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What the heck.... yesterday I had entered a manual entry for 8 minutes of walking like 46 calories or something, just to see if it would load... it just loaded on todays activity.. but still nothing from my morning workout...Grrrr....
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Mines gone off its trolley and doubled logged all my workouts for a month, its taken me ages to fix it. Im getting rid of the sack of *kitten* soon as my new fitbits arriving tomorrow phew
  • John14e
    John14e Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a fix for this????
  • BrainandGirth
    Options
    According to the viviofit forums, the Garmin servers/cloud has crashed. People are having a problem syncing their tackers as well. I JUST got my vivofit to sync, but none of my MFP info from yesterday or today have synced. Hopefully they will get this all resolved soon :)
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine's been unable to sync all day too. A ton of people just got back from holiday and started synching their new trackers. The servers probably weren't prepared for this. I'm sure Garmin will sort it soon.
  • kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine's doing the same. I'm going to wait a bit and hopefully they'll fix it. If not, I'm returning my Vivofit.
  • greppers
    greppers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GC is back, sort of, as of about an hour ago. Not syncing with MFP, or even itself, so still unwell.

Don't return the Vivofit - this is unusual - it's normally fine: I've had a Vivosmart for about two months and it's great. Much better than the UP I had for almost a year.
  • marcmm1
    marcmm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @greppers: Vivofit already showed syncing problems in November.... I regret my switch from fitbit to vivofit... on top of all technical issues, Garmin's communication is close to non-existing...
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I only got my garmin a couple weeks ago and it has almost never automatically synced to MFP. I have to go on the computer and manually sync it. I don't care about the calories but it is nice to have it show up in my feed :blush:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What's been happening is a string of different problems, with each end having some responsibility.

For most of the 7 or so weeks from November MFP was the problem. For some of that time it was affecting all Garmin devices, although there was a workaround to send the data to Endomondo or Strava, and then into MFP. For most of the time it's been MFPs ability to consume Vivofit data and use it.

Over the weekend there was a catastrophic failure at Garmin, although it did work on Saturday evening when I uploaded both of my runs from Saturday and then synched them across to MFP.

• RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem here. I've had the vivofit for well over a year, wouldn't think about switching... just be happy when everything is fixed....
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    my guess is they're rolling out a new platform. A lot of new products announced at CES today including Vivofit2 and VivoActive (which looks very interesting). Perhaps integrating ConnectiQ within the Garmin Connect ecosystem is the issue?
  • fancymommy3
    Options
    It does tend to take a while to sync my calories (usually not until the end of the day) and I can't track my steps in MFP with the app for some reason. I do love it even though I've only had it for 2 weeks. I'm not regretting it yet. :wink:
  • mjkmkk
    mjkmkk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Just got my vivofit as a present and was very dismayed to see that no syncing would take place between Garmin and MFP. This is a pretty bad time for these to be down, though. Talk about frustrating new user experience. Does anyone know when this is likely to be fixed?
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When they've had issues before it's 1-3 days typically. Seems that it's not just one issue. Once time it's MFP that's not synching and the next garmin. When my garmin won't sync to MFP I just enter my exercise manually. My garmin has always uploaded to itself, so I know it's some form of error of communication bw the 2. Not a big deal in my mind, just a little annoying.
  • mr3thirty5
    mr3thirty5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am encountering this issue as well. My vivosmart does not auto sync with MFP (not so smart after all). I have to log into my Garmin connect account and click on "sync" for the info to flow through.
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My workaround is to link Garmin Connect up with Strava, and then Strava with Myfitnesspal. Works in terms of reporting calories (which is all I use MFP for), although the precise type of exercise sometimes is lost (e.g. swimming gets reported as general aerobic exercise).
  • cp_believe
    cp_believe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only got my vivofit on the 29th... it sync'd fine to my phone (android) until Saturday. Now only my steps are syncing. I tried to start garmin connect on my computer but it won't even recognize my device is there.... I'm a little challenged but I followed directions well... :) . Please tell me this is unusual.... I really don't want to return it but if this is how it'll be functioning (or not) then this sucker is going back..... I'm completely disappointed....
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    greppers wrote: »
    GC is back, sort of, as of about an hour ago. Not syncing with MFP, or even itself, so still unwell.

Don't return the Vivofit - this is unusual - it's normally fine: I've had a Vivosmart for about two months and it's great. Much better than the UP I had for almost a year.

I've had my Vivofit since August and actually this is a regular occurrence. The Garmin Connect syncing issues happen approximately every 2 weeks and last for a few days at a time. Garmin seems more interested in releasing new hardware then actually fixing their software issues. Head over to the Garmin Connect Facebook page - you'll see literally hundreds of Garmin customers saying the same thing I am.

If I had the option of returning my Vivofit and Forerunner, I would do it in a heartbeat.