What are you looking at? Calorie intake or other nutrients

Options
I especially look at the other nutrients. If I ate all my fat, protien and carbs.. but still have like a 100 calories left, I dont eat because I know that I will go over my other nutrients. What is more important for you?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I watch my calories & fat. If i'm over on carbs, protein, fiber or sodium, meh.
    I make sure my calories & my fat are always under :D
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mostly just watch my calories. I also have been tracking my iron lately... I have an iron deficiency and it's especially bad when I'm eating less.
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I make sure my calories, carbs, fat and sodium are under. I want my protien and fiber over.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I make sure I reach my protien and fiber goals, reach or come really close to my calorie target (if I am a little over I don't worry too much) and then make sure I don't go over my fat, sodium and carbs.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    On most days I try to watch all of it. If I'm low on a certain vitamin, or important nutrient, I will try to find a food that has that in it. Certain foods I try to go over on. I try to stay under on sugars, saturated fats, sodium, and carbs.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    nutrients, carbs, protein, fat, sugar and sodium.
  • atina502
    atina502 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I watch my calories and make sure I stay under, but I also try to get enough iron, calcium, vitamin A and C and as much protein as possible (I'm a vegetarian so it's pretty tough for me)...I don't care if I go over on anything other than calories and fat...
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Calories only.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I watch calories, carbs, and fat.
    Definitely carbs.
    I'm a freak when it comes to carbs. :(
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Calories only. I glance at the others. i am usually over on sugar and sodium (love pickles). Eating more fruitsand vegs, most other nutrients are good.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I glance at my calories. I pay majority of my attention to my carbs. I pay some attention to my fat and protein, to make sure they are high enough. I also look at my fiber so I can subtract it from carbs. I look at sodium too to make sure it's low enough.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Both to some extent. I don't worry if I'm over on protein or fibre but I try to stay under fat, sodium and calories. Sugar I don't worry too much about as long as it's from fruit.