Shrinking Fingers - What to do?

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
So my wedding ring and the other ring that my husband gave me back when we were dating are now both WAY too big. I'm not even close to my goal weight so I don't want to have them re-sized yet, but I don't just want to not wear them. I've tried the clear ring spacers that you can get at Wal-Mart, but I've already lost both of the ones that actually fit my rings, and I really don't want to go spend another $3 for another pack just for the 2 I actually need.

Any suggestions on how to not lose my rings and keep them from turning all around my finger?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    wear them on a different finger. I only fit mine on my middle finger and even there soon they will be too big. I stopped wearing mine when i got too fat so I don't mind not wearing mine if I get too thin just till I get to goal weight and have the final resizing.
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well when you find out let me know...I am in the same boat. My wedding ring is very loose. I can even put it on my thumb. I am looking for the metal clip on ring sizers but havent found them yet.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    There are plastic temporary ring resizers. You can get them at a jewelry store for fairly cheap. They are plastic cylanders that slip on the back of the ring to help make up for the size difference.
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You could wear them on a necklace for now =)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Wear them on different fingers or get a chain and wear them around your neck
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing mine on my middle finger for now. It doesn't look as good, but I am wearing them at least!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Wear on a necklace?
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had the same with my engagement ring and did not want it resized till nearer my wedding for same reasons.... Go to the jewlers and they can place a small strip inside to give a better fit, this will be tempoary and also in the same metal as your ring so it wont scratch and you dont even feel it :happy:
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i'd get the sizers whats 3 bucks compared to your rings ? those are more sentimental then 3 dollars will ever get you.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had the same with my engagement ring and did not want it resized till nearer my wedding for same reasons.... Go to the jewlers and they can place a small strip inside to give a better fit, this will be tempoary and also in the same metal as your ring so it wont scratch and you dont even feel it :happy:

Found them on a website so you know what you are asking them to fit :)
    http://viewithere.com/ring_guard/ringguard.html?gclid=CNrG9-33x6gCFQEZ4QodeFdTpQ
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me...I had to stop wearing my rings because I almost lost one I too am not going to get them resized till I reach my goal weight ...the sizers are a good idea until you are ready to get them resized think ill try them too.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    Options
    Wrap thick craft string or yarn around the back of the band and to seal off the string and knot, use clear nail polish so it doesn't come loose. Also...wearing them on a necklace is a good option! I've done both.
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    It may look tacky but the only thing I can think of is clear scotch tape..
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You can get them resized at any jeweler.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I have mine taped with medical tape to fit my finger. I really need to get my re-sized and hopefully can find someone to have them done in the next couple of weeks. :)
  • mbeaniem
    mbeaniem Posts: 1
    Options
    My jeweler put a spacer on for free. I got mine resized... and now I have to do it again. Definitely wait until you reach your goal weight. But for now, the jeweler's spacer is the best bet.
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    i'd get the sizers whats 3 bucks compared to your rings ? those are more sentimental then 3 dollars will ever get you.
    you must have read my mind
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas...I think I'm going to try the medical tape and see how I like that. Otherwise, I may just go back to Wal-Mart and buy another pack of spacers.